Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign F Collin Graf to ELC

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Doug certainly brought in guys like this and guys from Europe (Donskoi, Sorenson, Melker) with mixed results obviously.

But whatever, we’re a talent starved team and moves like this are fantastic. As we’ve all been discussing lately, prospects bust so much that what I’m learning is you want as many lottery tickets as you can get and hope they work out.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I think MG calling card about giving NHL ice time worked in this signing.
I see that as a very big advantage with the Sharks right now, anyone who has potential can take a spot right now, especially a defencemen. That's why I'm so excited about summer, there is a lot of opportunities to start changing the course of the franchise.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Think one thing that is different in this UDFA than others relates to why he was undrafted. The significant growth spurt from 5'8 to 6'1 is notable. It's been discussed by some scouts/national types that he'd assuredly been drafted had he been 6'1 rather than 5'8. So that is a win in terms of this not just being a low upside guy that hit it big for a year as an overager / Redshirt Senior type in college hockey.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Think one thing that is different in this UDFA than others relates to why he was undrafted. The significant growth spurt from 5'8 to 6'1 is notable. It's been discussed by some scouts/national types that he'd assuredly been drafted had he been 6'1 rather than 5'8. So that is a win in terms of this not just being a low upside guy that hit it big for a year as an overager / Redshirt Senior type in college hockey.
Have him get in touch with Luca about his diet ....

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

“I think Collin really liked the sincerity of the management and coach with the Sharks during the recruiting process,” Graf’s agent, Jerry Buckley, wrote in an email to this news organization. “He also is excited about the opportunity to develop and grow with the elite group of young players and prospects the Sharks have.”
Imagine a couple years ago reading a line like this one about our young players and prospects. Shows how far things have come (despite all the struggles on the ice) in a relatively short time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad