Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign F Collin Graf to ELC

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I like this GM the Sharks have. Quite a contrast to the later DW, but I suspect that was more DWjr doing the GM role. DW went from conservative to risky trades and contracts in the late stages, or experienced to inexperience. Hence why I think DW was letting jr take too much of the reins.

Reactions: Hangemhigh

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
When was the last time the Sharks signed an undrafted college free agent? Grant Stevenson is one that pops into my mind but that was also 20+ years ago. lol

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Garbage Tier Grier making his best UFA signing since Sturm, I like this one so this is a Good Tier Grier move. Graf will get plenty of opportunity, I’ll be interested to see if he plays with Eklund so someone can actually finish his sweet passes

Reactions: karltonian

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
When was the last time the Sharks signed an undrafted college free agent? Grant Stevenson is one that pops into my mind but that was also 20+ years ago. lol

For the most part that says more about the quality of prospect the Sharks have gotten out of their college FA signings (which is also true in a broad, NHL-wide sense) than it does about your memory. The most recent one of any real consequence I can think of is Ryan Carpenter. They also had Matt Irwin and Matt Tennyson that had credible runs in the NHL.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Lebanc replacement. I can dig it. Wish he'd target some future Dmen, our forward pipeline is already starting to become a logjam.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
For the most part that says more about the quality of prospect the Sharks have gotten out of their college FA signings (which is also true in a broad, NHL-wide sense) than it does about your memory. The most recent one of any real consequence I can think of is Ryan Carpenter. They also had Matt Irwin and Matt Tennyson that had credible runs in the NHL.
I’d add Tom Priessing. He had a nice career.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I wouldn’t call it a log jam, it’s adequate. They do need a couple of more Dmen though
I think MG is saving the bigger money for them this free agency. Overpay by 1,5mil to get couple of RD's could be a nice way to ease the prospects coming up next year.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I like this GM the Sharks have. Quite a contrast to the later DW, but I suspect that was more DWjr doing the GM role. DW went from conservative to risky trades and contracts in the late stages, or experienced to inexperience. Hence why I think DW was letting jr take too much of the reins.
I mean this move is one the sharks pursued many many times under DW. These guys just often bust and people forget every year.

This guy is probably just Jimmy Vesey at best

Reactions: TheBigDrunkPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad