Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign F Collin Graf to ELC

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020
Did I do a good job of reusing this old jersey?
fs-radim-simek-san-jose-sharks-stealth-game-used-jersey-v0-86mual9scc091 copy.jpg

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
How did he look in his nhl debut?
Definitely a little anxious with the puck on his stick, and very attentive to keep his shifts short and get off the ice. But overall quite a solid performance. Important to remember he's only 21 and has a ways to go to fill out (after growing five inches in the past couple years), so he'll get stronger and be able to win battles better, but I really like his two-way game and his hockey smarts.

Hopefully he'll be able to show off some of his offensive skills soon, too, but what we saw tonight bodes well for his potential to be a positive 3rd line winger in the future.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I thought Graf did a good job keeping his head on a swivel. Was always looking around and was generally aware of his surroundings. Made some good defensive plays in the neutral zone as a result too.
Also, not that this matters that much, but in the interviews I've seen/read, he seems like a truly humble guy. And I'm well aware that the word "humble" gets thrown around excessively these days, but Graf, for all his college success, seems totally ego-less and down-to-earth.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He seemed like a smart, responsible player. He needs to work out with Eklund, who is several inches shorter but clearly stronger. Graf seemed very easy to knock over. But for a first game, he did well.
in his interview he basically acknowledged that the strength difference surprised him even though he played it off as playing against "men". He's going to have a rough summer putting on some muscle but that's why these games are so important for his career.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
in his interview he basically acknowledged that the strength difference surprised him even though he played it off as playing against "men". He's going to have a rough summer putting on some muscle but that's why these games are so important for his career.

Yeah, it definitely showed. But he’s going to have many months to pack on some muscle and an NHL training staff to help.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad