Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK has announced their rookie camp opening 9/15 (Wednesday.) So, tournament is probably that Friday-Tuesday or so.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I wonder if all of our prospects will participate in that. I want to see Eklund and Bordeleau on the ice together asap

Bordeleau will only be there if he leaves college. He will probably be at the August development camp.

I would expect all CHL prospects to participate, and some European prospects. (But none of the college guys can.)

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I think people need to start realizing Chekhovich is no longer a top 10 prospect. Especially over his twin Chmelevski who is more adapted to the NA style.

I've put them in my, "boy I hope they figure it out" list. Chmelevski seems like he's further ahead, but I do think Chekhovich has a lot of potential once it clicks for him in NA. If those two actually take off, the prospect pool looks even shinier.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I've put them in my, "boy I hope they figure it out" list. Chmelevski seems like he's further ahead, but I do think Chekhovich has a lot of potential once it clicks for him in NA. If those two actually take off, the prospect pool looks even shinier.

Chmelevski absolutely seems further ahead to me. Chekhovich is also scoring line or bust, Chmelevski could wind up on the fourth line and has been much more consistently producing points (did have a big dropoff this year, but still decent and spending a lot of time on the taxi squad probably didn't help).

Reactions: Patty Ice

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I think both are out of that at this point. I would put Coe and Hatakka over them and in that particular top 10 over Gaudreau.

Definitely agree with that. Their shine has definitely waned the past two years despite Chekhovich solid year in Russia but that is Russia. Production doesn't always translate to the NHL or AHL (see Gusev)

JumboJoe23

Aug 5, 2021
I'm losing hope in Chekovich, but still interested in seeing a whole year in the pro's with meaningful icetime. Chemelevski seems to be trending upward, I liked his IIHF tournament

Eklund, Bordaleau, Merkley, Wiesblatt, Dahlen, Kniasev, Robins, Hatakka, Chemelevski, Gaudreau

Our prospect pool is the deepest it's been in a long time. A lot to look forward too

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I wonder if all of our prospects will participate in that. I want to see Eklund and Bordeleau on the ice together asap
Sadly, Bordeleau can't play in the prospects tourney, or participate in any of the camps except the development camp in a couple weeks because he's in college. Once his season is over I hope he signs a contract and heads to San Jose to play with the Cuda.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Sadly, Bordeleau can't play in the prospects tourney, or participate in any of the camps except the development camp in a couple weeks because he's in college. Once his season is over I hope he signs a contract and heads to San Jose to play with the Cuda.

Yea, he can only attend if he pays his own way (which he should do). I expect this to be his last season with Michigan, so hopefully we see him in teal when it comes March or April.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If we end up with a top-10 pick this year and combine that with Eklund and Bordeleau (and hopefully Merkley can figure it out) making the team in 2022-23 that is actually a pretty good young core to play with our veterans. And for all we know Dahlen can become a decent goal scorer for the club.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If we end up with a top-10 pick this year and combine that with Eklund and Bordeleau (and hopefully Merkley can figure it out) making the team in 2022-23 that is actually a pretty good young core to play with our veterans. And for all we know Dahlen can become a decent goal scorer for the club.
Think Dahlen is actually an expert passer rather than an elite shooter.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I'm losing hope in Chekovich, but still interested in seeing a whole year in the pro's with meaningful icetime. Chemelevski seems to be trending upward, I liked his IIHF tournament

Eklund, Bordaleau, Merkley, Wiesblatt, Dahlen, Kniasev, Robins, Hatakka, Chemelevski, Gaudreau

Our prospect pool is the deepest it's been in a long time. A lot to look forward too
I would be looking to jetison Chekhovich in a deal if he has any value left. Think he could be a piece in a potential Dvorak deal along with some other assets. Not sure he is ever going to play in the right system in SJ for his skillset (i.e. heavy OZ starts and focus simply on scoring rather than being a complete player). Just does not seem to be the way that this org has ever deployed players.

JumboJoe23

Aug 5, 2021
I would be looking to jetison Chekhovich in a deal if he has any value left. Think he could be a piece in a potential Dvorak deal along with some other assets. Not sure he is ever going to play in the right system in SJ for his skillset (i.e. heavy OZ starts and focus simply on scoring rather than being a complete player). Just does not seem to be the way that this org has ever deployed players.
I agree

I think this year will be telling. He’s on the last year of his rookie deal. We need to know if he will be with the org moving forward. The year debeor was fired I thought he would possibly push for a roster spot. It’s weird how his first stint with the barracuda was really good but then he couldn’t sustain in a normal year. I want to see him get first line and first unit PP time with Barracuda

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I think Dahlen is projected more as a setup guy than a goal scorer in the NHL.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Can development camp start already? This stage of the offseason is extremely boring, especially for a meh team with non much to look forward to this season.

Reactions: Sandisfan

A838

Aug 10, 2021
Denver
Can development camp start already? This stage of the offseason is extremely boring, especially for a meh team with non much to look forward to this season.
We have a lot to look forward to. Particularly the arrival of Dahlen, the growth of Leonard and the potential emergence of Adin Hill. I'm excited to see what Mario and Kny bring this season and I am really excited to see if Karlsson regains Norris level form.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
We have a lot to look forward to. Particularly the arrival of Dahlen, the growth of Leonard and the potential emergence of Adin Hill. I'm excited to see what Mario and Kny bring this season and I am really excited to see if Karlsson regains Norris level form.
You're a much more positive looking person than me my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad