Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
World Junior showcase: Jake Sanderson looks NHL ready, Aatu Raty gets buzz; plus USA's projected roster

Thomas Bordeleau, C, San Jose (United States)
Bordeleau stood out consistently with the puck on his stick with his great puck skills and his even better playmaking ability. He showed NHL ability to man a power play from the flank, and was a dual-threat with his passes and shot. What’s impressed me about Bordeleau’s development is the improved pace in his game from his draft season with more of a jump in his step that will help his game translate to the higher levels.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Annual draft and pool grades are coming out. So might as well post them. Steve Kournianos gave us an A-. He's one of the few people who had any info on Laroque.

2021 NHL Draft: Team Report Cards
The additional info is nice but I have some reservations about the list. Pretty much everyone got a decent grade (B or higher) but the evil Habs, Hawks, and Sens.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The additional info is nice but I have some reservations about the list. Pretty much everyone got a decent grade (B or higher) but the evil Habs, Hawks, and Sens.

Scouching did his ranking and it seems like he thought most teams did fine this year too. But you're right, it was a pretty generous grading across the board.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009

Scouching did his ranking and it seems like he thought most teams did fine this year too. But you're right, it was a pretty generous grading across the board.

I mean, even without seeing the grades people have put out, do the eye test yourself. Eklund alone at 7 puts us at a B+ grade in itself. Everyone else we added just adds to that grade which would make sense why an A- feels fair.

Reactions: Munnyro

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
While I've been happy with the prospect pool, I'm glad to see it's being recognized by folks with a broader purview.

Ultimately, with the picks we've had there were always going to be holes, but I feel really good about the forward group- aside from lacking a potential franchise center. There's some decent quality in the d group, and Gaudreau and Melch are two solid goalie prospects.

Eklund, Bordeleau, Merkley, Wiesblatt, Gushkin, Kniazev, Robbins, Checokovich, Dahlen, and Gaudreau is a pretty solid top 10. Now if we can just add Wright...

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
While I've been happy with the prospect pool, I'm glad to see it's being recognized by folks with a broader purview.

Ultimately, with the picks we've had there were always going to be holes, but I feel really good about the forward group- aside from lacking a potential franchise center. There's some decent quality in the d group, and Gaudreau and Melch are two solid goalie prospects.

Eklund, Bordeleau, Merkley, Wiesblatt, Gushkin, Kniazev, Robbins, Checokovich, Dahlen, and Gaudreau is a pretty solid top 10. Now if we can just add Wright...

yeah a future team of like;

Guschin - Hertl - Wiesblatt
Couture - Eklund - Meier
Robins - Bordeleau - Labanc
Nieto - Bonino - Dahlen

Sounds real fun and skilled. Also tiny; they’re going to need a smaller Shark head.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Eklund, Bordeleau, Merkley, Wiesblatt, Gushkin, Kniazev, Robbins, Checokovich, Dahlen, and Gaudreau is a pretty solid top 10

I think people need to start realizing Chekhovich is no longer a top 10 prospect. Especially over his twin Chmelevski who is more adapted to the NA style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->