Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
So...what is going on with Chmelevski and Chekhovich? The former had terrible numbers and the latter isn't off to a great start in the AHL.
Looking like more of the same for both of them. People here love to bash on Gambrell and clamor for Chmelevski, but Gambrell at least produced at a high rate on the scoresheet in the AHL. Can't really see a way to move on from him by choice and magically think Chmelevski is going to be able to step into his place based on how he has looked at the pro level thus far.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Dahlen’s goal yesterday was in OT. His team leads 2-0 in series. If I understand correct, win in this series will lift his team in top Swedish league (SHL), because I see two semifinals without final in schedule.
It is (upgrade his team to SHL) the only reason he plays in Allsvenskan so probably he is very close now to Sharks/Barracuda on next season.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Dahlen’s goal yesterday was in OT. His team leads 2-0 in series. If I understand correct, win in this series will lift his team in top Swedish league (SHL), because I see two semifinals without final in schedule.
It is (upgrade his team to SHL) the only reason he plays in Allsvenskan so probably he is very close now to Sharks/Barracuda on next season.
According to the sharks hes coming next year. Hopefully that doesnt change no matter what

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

I believe Timrå plays Västerviks in a best-of-seven series (Timrå currently leads 2-0) and then plays the winner of the Karlskoga/Björklöven series in the Allsvenskan final.

The winner of the Allsvenskan final plays HV 71 in a best-of-seven series to try to earn promotion to the SHL, while the loser of the Allsvenskan final plays Brynäs for promotion.

The earliest Timrå can win the semifinal is Friday, the latest would be next Friday. The Allsvenskan final runs from 18-30 April, and the promotion/relegation series between the SHL and Allsvenskan would be the two weeks after that.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Dahlen to his current team after getting them promoted to SHL: Ok guys, have fun playing in the higher league next year, I'm outtie... best of luck to you all.

Seems kinda weird to me. I feel like he'll find a way to stay there.

Obviously I have zero info about what Dahlen is actually thinking. But I've heard about this "getting them promoted to SHL" before regarding him being there this season, maybe last season too? So why do all that work to get them promoted then leave home? Also, what if they don't get promoted?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Dahlen to his current team after getting them promoted to SHL: Ok guys, have fun playing in the higher league next year, I'm outtie... best of luck to you all.

Seems kinda weird to me. I feel like he'll find a way to stay there.

Obviously I have zero info about what Dahlen is actually thinking. But I've heard about this "getting them promoted to SHL" before regarding him being there this season, maybe last season too? So why do all that work to get them promoted then leave home? Also, what if they don't get promoted?
He came over last time they got promoted. They were annihilated without him and Petterson though.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
From Sheng’s latest article, what Will actually said about Dahlen.

Will said:
“He just wanted to mature as a player, take his development time over in Sweden … In his first couple of years of the American league, he accomplished quite a bit. So he has that foundation. He went back [to Sweden] and worked on being a prolific scorer in the league there. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back next year. He’ll come in much more polished and be ready to compete for a job.”

I’ll believe he’s coming over when I see it.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
hes never coming over and even if he does hes going to disappoint anyone waiting for him to come over so the sharks should just move on

Reactions: landshark

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
hes never coming over and even if he does hes going to disappoint anyone waiting for him to come over so the sharks should just move on

He's a risky prospect but clearly also a talented one, and he costs the Sharks nothing except money (he won't even cost cap space - if he sucks, he gets buried) to bring over and try out. I see zero reason to move on without giving him one more opportunity.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He's a risky prospect but clearly also a talented one, and he costs the Sharks nothing except money (he won't even cost cap space - if he sucks, he gets buried) to bring over and try out. I see zero reason to move on without giving him one more opportunity.

There's no reason unless a team wants him as part of a deal to get a player we want but other than that, yeah give him a shot. The issue is for next year, how do we make room for someone to get that shot? Between having Kane, Labanc, Meier, Balcers, Donato, and Leonard presumably on the main roster and having Chekhovich, Wiesblatt, Blichfeld, Gregor, and I'm sure others that could surprise, they need to make room somehow.

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
There's no reason unless a team wants him as part of a deal to get a player we want but other than that, yeah give him a shot. The issue is for next year, how do we make room for someone to get that shot? Between having Kane, Labanc, Meier, Balcers, Donato, and Leonard presumably on the main roster and having Chekhovich, Wiesblatt, Blichfeld, Gregor, and I'm sure others that could surprise, they need to make room somehow.

If he forces his way onto the Sharks, great - someone gets demoted or traded. That's a good problem to have.

If he doesn't, he goes to the Barracuda and either fights his way up or stagnates and you move on from him. I don't much see the problem.

I guess he also costs the Sharks a contract slot, but I think they can deal with that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If he forces his way onto the Sharks, great - someone gets demoted or traded. That's a good problem to have.

If he doesn't, he goes to the Barracuda and either fights his way up or stagnates and you move on from him. I don't much see the problem.

I guess he also costs the Sharks a contract slot, but I think they can deal with that.

It's a good problem to have but they should probably look to trade someone on the pro roster to open a spot for all those to compete for.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think Dahlen has the skill to become a 3rd line calibre player, but the question is the will. However much he improved his play over the last few years in 2nd division Sweden, it's still 2nd division Sweden and on bigger ice. He's going to have to accept he won't be seeing the puck as much (even in AHL) and he'll have to be responsible defensively.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Wiesblatt with an assist yesterday and Robins with 2 goals and an assist
Is Robins going to project as a center in the pros or have to shift to the wing? If he has the ability to stick at center, could be a nice center group with Hertl, Bordelau, and Robins for 5 years. Would assume Couture is gone by the time those guys have a shot to establish themselves as middle six centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad