Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info Discussion Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Reddy's also having a nice start (4 goals in five games, 3+ shots per game). He's a senior so it probably doesn't mean much, but does he appear to have even AHL potential?

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Yea, his faceoff numbers haven't been very good but also it mostly doesn't matter.
Yeah, way too young to really be putting stock into and caring about faceoff numbers. Especially playing against far more experienced players who know some of the intricacies of it a little better.

Reactions: Patty Ice

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Watching Minnesota-Michigan State.

Reedy with go ahead goal.

5 min left in 3rd. Getting lots of mentions. Commentators think he'll reach 30 points.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Melnichuk - 1 assist, 34/38, team won 5:4 (OT).
Chekhovich - 2 assists, 1 SOG, «+2», 17:10, 1st line.
Raska - “0”, 10:44, 4th line.
Dahlen - 4 SOG, 20:04, 2nd line.
Handemark - 1 SOG, “0”, won 17 of 24 FO, 1st line.
Korenar - 16/18, team won 4:2.
Hrabik - won 4 of 6 FO, 4:42, 4th line. He got 5+20 PIM for elbowing.
Sund - 1 SOG, “-1”, 14:19, 2nd pair.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I have noticed Melnichuk isnt playing the most important games for Torpedo anymore. Like today against CKSA hes not in, and there isn't another game til Friday. The KHL is weird with goalies though so take it with a grain of salt

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I have noticed Melnichuk isnt playing the most important games for Torpedo anymore. Like today against CKSA hes not in, and there isn't another game til Friday. The KHL is weird with goalies though so take it with a grain of salt

Could they also be reasoning that Melnichuk likely won't be on the team for that much longer, because he may be recalled by the Sharks, and so they want to play the goalies they're keeping?

I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's a theory.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Scott Reedy and #4 Minnesota vs Thomas Bordeleau and #5 Michigan today at 5 PST and tomorrow at 3:30 PST. Both games on Big Ten Network.

Nvm. People are saying Bordeleau is out for WJC.

Last edited:

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Could they also be reasoning that Melnichuk likely won't be on the team for that much longer, because he may be recalled by the Sharks, and so they want to play the goalies they're keeping?

I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's a theory.
Didnt think about that but it makes sense. He should be coming to camp soon for sure especially with the rumor that NHL teams are running 3 goalies this year.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
I don’t think so. Torpedo uses two and even three goalies in rotation. To be honest Tikhomirov doesnt look worse than Melnichuk (but he is three years older). And Cas’ theory looks right.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Korenar - 19/22, team won 4:3. His teammate Stepanek missed few straight games, probably injured.
Melnichuk didn’t play.
Chekhovich - 1 goal, 2 SOG, “+1”, 20:29, 1st line. What I’ve seen Chekhovich has good wrist shot.
True and Oberg didn’t play.
Blichfeld - 2 goals, 1st line.
Handemark - 2 SOG, “-2”, won 13 of 18 FO, 1st line.
With Handemark struggling to put up points in Sweden, have to imagine the org has to be looking for a 3C somewhere externally as there are no good options internally. Know many were penciling in Handemark for that spot, but 12 points in 21 games in a league that is worse than the AHL is not overly confidence inspiring for his hopes of being a 3C in the NHL this season.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
With Handemark struggling to put up points in Sweden, have to imagine the org has to be looking for a 3C somewhere externally as there are no good options internally. Know many were penciling in Handemark for that spot, but 12 points in 21 games in a league that is worse than the AHL is not overly confidence inspiring for his hopes of being a 3C in the NHL this season.
Last season he had 38 points in 52 games, 10th best in the SHL, but scoring is not his best part. He will hit, win FO and play on PK so 4C is best slot for him.
Note: His team is awful this season, Malmo on the last place and Handemark second best team scorer and top47-53 in the SHL. Nothing to proud, just info.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Last season he had 38 points in 52 games, 10th best in the SHL, but scoring is not his best part. He will hit, win FO and play on PK so 4C is best slot for him.
Note: His team is awful this season, Malmo on the last place and Handemark second best team scorer and top47-53 in the SHL. Nothing to proud, just info.
Yeah, I think people saw his numbers last year and that he was a more veteran player and slotted him into the 3C role whenever Jumbo left for Toronto. I never thought that was an appropriate line of thinking as his role always looked more like a 4C to me, but kind of coming to light now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad