Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Where do the modifiers come from? I'm working on doing my own data analytics and I'd love to know where you read about the junior-league age curving .

The book Stat Shot by Rob Vollman. There's a whole chapter on evaluating junior/amateur players and prospects (and as a result it only covers ages 15 or 16 to I think 22/23). IIRC the model is based on work by another author that contributed to the book.

It's a good book. Designed to help introduce people who aren't full-on stat heads to the ideas of analytics and new evaluation, but it's still useful for those with some grounding in new wave data and all that.

MikeShow

Dec 8, 2013
The book Stat Shot by Rob Vollman. There's a whole chapter on evaluating junior/amateur players and prospects (and as a result it only covers ages 15 or 16 to I think 22/23). IIRC the model is based on work by another author that contributed to the book.

It's a good book. Designed to help introduce people who aren't full-on stat heads to the ideas of analytics and new evaluation, but it's still useful for those with some grounding in new wave data and all that.

Thanks for mentioning the book, ordered a copy now. Do you know any other good books about hockey analysis?

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Gregor (4 goals, 6 assists) and the Royals trailing series 3-0
Halbgewachs (4 goals, 4 assists) and the Warriors lead series 2-1
Blichfeld (2 goals, 5 assists) and the Winterhawks trail series 2-1​

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Gregor (6 goals, 6 assists) and the Royals swept
Halbgewachs (4 goals, 4 assists) and the Warriors series tied 2-2
Blichfeld (2 goals, 5 assists) and the Winterhawks trail series 2-1​

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
So yeah get Blichfeld and Gregor to the Barracudas if they manage to make the playoffs!!

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Halbgewachs (5 goals, 4 assists) and the Warriors tie series 3-3

Halbgewachs scored in the third overtime to force a game 7, which will be one home ice. He's got 30 shots in 6 games so far throughout the series. He's been pretty snakebit. But I feel like if they win game 7, it's going to be because of him and the ball is gonna continue rolling from then on.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Halbgewachs and the Warriors lose game 7, eliminated

No more prospects left in the CHL playoffs

But now the Barracuda playoffs is gonna be great

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Halbgewachs and the Warriors lose game 7, eliminated

No more prospects left in the CHL playoffs

But now the Barracuda playoffs is gonna be great
Still waiting on them to send Gambrell and Letunov down to help. I don’t get it. I understand letting them practice with the first team but they’re never going to play. We have Thornton, Hansen, Goodrow, and Ward over them.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Still waiting on them to send Gambrell and Letunov down to help. I don’t get it. I understand letting them practice with the first team but they’re never going to play. We have Thornton, Hansen, Goodrow, and Ward over them.
From what little info I've been able to gather, Letunov isn't with the Sharks but is listed as on the roster to burn off the 1st year of his deal. A UCONN publication said he will play professionally next year, so I don't know if that means he's still in school right now or what. If the Barracuda play into May, and UCONN is finished, maybe then Letunov would come and join. Gambrell should probably go down and play with the Barracuda though, I think it would be good for him.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Anyone know if we have any prospects other than Vela or Robinson that go to UNH? I swear I've seen someone else walking around in a barracuda shirt and a sharks team-issue shirt, but I haven't been able to find anything online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad