Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Can you guys give me some insight into a couple of Sharks players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Dylan Gambrell
Joakim Ryan

Ryan is a top-4 NHL defenseman right now without question. Those numbers tell you pretty much all you need to know about him. He is pretty much the perfect wookie whisperer (Burns babysitter), which is a lot easier said than done. He has a very high hockey IQ on the defensive side of things and is a smooth skater. His offensive game is where he is weakest and he needs to make some improvements on that side of the puck or start taking on Vlasic-level competition/deployment and thriving in order for me to consider him a top-pairing defenseman, but right now I think he is a solid #3 guy. He reminds me a lot of prime Paul Martin.

I don’t know enough about Gambrell to give a comment on him but the organization seems to be fairly high on him.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Can you guys give me some insight into a couple of Sharks players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Dylan Gambrell
Joakim Ryan

Joakim Ryan is a young version of 2016 Paul Martin. Gambrell looked very overwhelmed in his few NHL games, but could be a solid middle six forward down the road.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
If it weren't for those pesky knees this franchise would be a lot better.... /sigh Hertl, Thornton, now Roy..

Last edited:
Reactions: pappaf2

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
If Roy ever wants to run around and play with his kids one day he might want to give up on hockey those knees are done.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I’ve been reading up on Balcers and was curious - for people who watched him this last year in the AHL, how good do you think he is? What’s his ceiling? Are we talking about maybe 3rd liner, or do we think he has 1st/2nd line potential?

Would love to hear what people think of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->