Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
The Sharks signed Jeffrey Truchon-Viel to a 3 year AHL contract.
I expect this guy to be playing NHL within 3 years.
He is a power forward with good speed, who plays gritty and has an upside of 20 goals, 100 penalty minutes and 150 hits at the NHL level.
I find him a better version of a Lucic.
he has been named the QMJHL MVP this season and is the 2nd scorer at the Memorial Cup with 9 points in 3 games so far.
Also he was the Acadie-Bathurst Titan Captain the last two years.
Quite the leader!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
how would you guys rank your top 5 prospects right now? curious about jeremy roy, and where people see him.
With the annual knee injuries, his stock has dropped pretty hard. Our top 7 probably involves Halbgewachs, Chmelevski, Chekhovich, Gambrell, Balcers, Ferraro, and Norris. Then Roy is somewhere in our next tier of prospects.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
With the annual knee injuries, his stock has dropped pretty hard. Our top 7 probably involves Halbgewachs, Chmelevski, Chekhovich, Gambrell, Balcers, Ferraro, and Norris. Then Roy is somewhere in our next tier of prospects.

Interesting that most of our best prospects are not 1st or 2nd rounders.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Would Letunov crack our top 10? What's his long term potential?

Judging from the reports, 40% chance he isn’t a regular NHLer, 25% he’s a fourth liner, 25% he’s a third liner, 10% he is a top-six player or better.

Probably a similar outlook to Gambrell/Halbgewachs/Blichfeld. Players like Balcers/Roy/Ferraro/Chekhovich/Chmelevski might have more upside but have a lower chance of even making the show.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Gambrell is both our number one prospect and an absolute lock to make the NHL fyi

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For a brief moment I thought I read that Shoemaker was given a contract offer and I nearly fell out of my chair. Good to know that sanity prevails.

I'd assume McGrew is just for the AHL team.

He's too young for the AHL. The Sharks simply have to make a BFO to him in order to keep his rights for another year without a contract.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into a couple of Sharks players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Dylan Gambrell
Joakim Ryan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Can you guys give me some insight into a couple of Sharks players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Dylan Gambrell
Joakim Ryan
I thought Ryan was awesome, definitely a strong candidate to be a full time NHL blueliner. Gambrell, not enough time seeing him in SJ before the playoffs, but from what I saw hes a smooth, quick skater with good hockey sense. Gambrells a guy I could see being a mainstay on lines 2-3 and really contributing consistently in Sj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad