Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Did Bieksa really grow up a Sharks fan? :help:

Pretty sure. There is a picture of him in a Sharks jersey as a kid.

I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it.
image_zpsb8a7e6d2.jpg

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Hey all. Caps fan jumping on the bandwagon. Any chance I can get an avatar made out of the "Forgot to Flush" toilet (background changed to Sharks colors) with the "*Results may vary"?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wanted to get some avatars done today, but I woke up this morning with what seems like a mild case of the flu, so right now I feel like hell.

We'll see if I can maybe tomorrow I can sit upright long enough to cobble together some new bandwagon avatars.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
hey - i know this has nothing to do w/ your avatars but since your guys are the most tech savvy on this board...i figured i'd ask you any ways...i was wondering whether any of you had a program (or the knowledge for a 9 or 10 second .gif). i've done 10 second gifs before - including off youtube - but this video is giving me problems (and a couple of friends i've asked)...maybe you will know?

for Hawks purposes, i'm wondering whether it's possible (for me or for any of you if you are in an extremely generous mood??) to do a gif from about 1:23 to 1:32 (or even 1:31) off this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7YZBULlFM

i guess more specifically - i'm wondering if i can get a clip of wayne starting to climb from the cave until he stands outside? or even from 1:26 - 1:31 when the crowd cheers and he climbs out.

sorry..i wouldn't ordinarily harass you guys like this...but i don't know any other board w/ people who know how to do these types of things...and my many attempts all failed.

i just want the gif for inspiring reasons...b/c it's analogous to the hawks current situation :facepalm:

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
hey - i know this has nothing to do w/ your avatars but since your guys are the most tech savvy on this board...i figured i'd ask you any ways...i was wondering whether any of you had a program (or the knowledge for a 9 or 10 second .gif). i've done 10 second gifs before - including off youtube - but this video is giving me problems (and a couple of friends i've asked)...maybe you will know?

for Hawks purposes, i'm wondering whether it's possible (for me or for any of you if you are in an extremely generous mood??) to do a gif from about 1:23 to 1:32 (or even 1:31) off this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7YZBULlFM

i guess more specifically - i'm wondering if i can get a clip of wayne starting to climb from the cave until he stands outside? or even from 1:26 - 1:31 when the crowd cheers and he climbs out.

sorry..i wouldn't ordinarily harass you guys like this...but i don't know any other board w/ people who know how to do these types of things...and my many attempts all failed.

i just want the gif for inspiring reasons...b/c it's analogous to the hawks current situation :facepalm:

You should probably ask in the playoff photoshop/gif thread on the main board. There are a lot of tech savvy people in there. I don't know if many will see the post since it is in the Avatar thread. You could also try to post it in our photoshop/gif thread and see if someone could help. I would help you out but I'm still learning how to do this stuff and wouldn't fair better than you.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
You should probably ask in the playoff photoshop/gif thread on the main board. There are a lot of tech savvy people in there. I don't know if many will see the post since it is in the Avatar thread. You could also try to post it in our photoshop/gif thread and see if someone could help. I would help you out but I'm still learning how to do this stuff and wouldn't fair better than you.

ha ha ha...thanks...i forgot that thread existed. i'l re-post it there.

so i guess it's props to you guys i forgot an entire thread on the main board devoted to this stuff and had it in my head you were the only ones who were competent enough ;)

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
ha ha ha...thanks...i forgot that thread existed. i'l re-post it there.

so i guess it's props to you guys i forgot an entire thread on the main board devoted to this stuff and had it in my head you were the only ones who were competent enough ;)

And we probably are.:sarcasm:

Moen In Glory and others have made some great gifs in that thread. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone to do what you are looking for.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
That's gonna be a big ass GIF man. Most are max 6 seconds.

yeah..i've decided it's not possible. the one's that i've made that are longer are just basic graphics.

And we probably are.:sarcasm:

Moen In Glory and others have made some great gifs in that thread. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone to do what you are looking for.

pretty much...except for the sarcasm smiley part.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
i think i call photoshop hijinks, there is no way every single nhl player (it seems) has been a sharks fan since they were in diapers lol.

It's not always a case of being a sharks fan. It's a case of a lot of youth hockey leagues using easy-to-buy NHL templated jerseys instead of bland single-color blanks or a wide array of customized jerseys. All the youth leagues around here always used NHL team names for the teams and compatible jerseys.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As was discussed in tonight's GDT, I don't really have the motivation to do any more avatars. Apologies to the people, especially the bandwagon fans, who were hoping to sport something new/different. It's not your fault. I don't think people realize the amount of time and effort I put into stuff like this in order to try and make this place as enjoyable as I can. And watching how quickly tonight things turned self-destructive and almost gleefully self-loathing really sapped my desire to devote time on projects for the board that I could be using elsewhere and in more relaxing ways.

I realize that sounds kind of self-pitying and emo-ish in and of itself, and I am aware that may come off as hypocritical. I've never particularly been looking for praise or attention or any kind of return on my time and effort spent beyond other peoples' enjoyment of it. But if people aren't going to be in a headspace for that sort of thing, I wonder if I should even bother trying.

Given this, the avatars that are in this thread are going to be the entirety of the set. And because I don't want to end up turning this thread into a referendum on this particular post or my attitude or anyone else's, I'm just going to close it now.

Again, for the people who don't deserve this fate, I am truly sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad