Confirmed with Link: Sharks officially name Bob Boughner as Head Coach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wonder if this makes San Jose a dark horse for Taylor Hall. He’s close with Boughner if I recall correctly. Those Darcy Kuemper rumors make me think San Jose may still be trying to go for it.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Wonder if this makes San Jose a dark horse for Taylor Hall. He’s close with Boughner if I recall correctly. Those Darcy Kuemper rumors make me think San Jose may still be trying to go for it.
DW has been adamant all along that they're still trying to go for it. He knows if they miss the playoffs this year that he is losing his job. That said, not sure Hall is the target of the org since they simply don't have the cap space and need a RW rather than a LW. Also need more playmaker and less north/south shoot first guys as they have Kane/Meier/Couture in that role.

Reactions: themelkman

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
DW has been adamant all along that they're still trying to go for it. He knows if they miss the playoffs this year that he is losing his job. That said, not sure Hall is the target of the org since they simply don't have the cap space and need a RW rather than a LW. Also need more playmaker and less north/south shoot first guys as they have Kane/Meier/Couture in that role.

Wilson should ask for every article written about the sharks to start with notice in big block bolded lettering that states. "We are not rebuilding, we are going to try and contend for the cup" maybe then the fans will actually listen to what is going on with the team insfead of being shocked when it goes the opposite of what they had been saying all year.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
On paper, at least, that's a very solid coaching staff. I'm surprised Boughner put Thompson in charge of the D, since everything I've read about him touts his offensive acumen. But either way, I'm optimistic that they'll be able to get more out of the roster than we saw last year!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Taylor Hall is probably looking to get paid so the Sharks likely don't have that kind of money available for him. Sharks need at the very least a 2nd and 3rd line forward. They can't be splurging for a top line talent unless they have ways to move other big contracts which seems unlikely to me.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
On paper, at least, that's a very solid coaching staff. I'm surprised Boughner put Thompson in charge of the D, since everything I've read about him touts his offensive acumen. But either way, I'm optimistic that they'll be able to get more out of the roster than we saw last year!

Probably will be a commitee job for the offense. Since offense doesn't just come from forwards or defensemen (unless you are deboer, then it comes just from defensemen)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
No shock here, I'm fine with it

I hope Thompson runs an actual system on the PP, I've gotten pretty tired of watching guys just stand around doing nothing waiting for point shots on the man advantage

I don't know anything about Madden as a coach, but he was a great defensive player in his day, so hopefully we can have the #1 PK again

Hall would be a great addition to this team, but there's just no way we can fit him into our cap situation, and I doubt he wants to come to the team that finished last in the conference when he's trying to win, players tend to have short memories when it comes to their free agency decisions

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Was probably a given being that the cap is flat but good to know.

Team in a cap crunch is spending to the cap?

tenor.gif

I did a double-take when one of the pieces I read about the hirings said John Madden is 47. It doesn't feel like it's been that long since he played.

That 2010 Hawks Cup was a decade ago now

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad