Rumor: Sharks interested in Fabbro?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I am not she’s how legit the source is. Maybe sharks fans can enlighten?

Wonder what sharks would pay?

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I am not she’s how legit the source is. Maybe sharks fans can enlighten?

Wonder what sharks would pay?
It’s legit.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
San Jose Hockey Now is a legit Sharks source. Not sure about the author himself, but he does quote Jeff Marek who is one of the best insiders out there. This rumour has been going on for about a week or so (along with Sharks and Greenway).

What does Nashville want back? Both teams seem to be selling so it would probably have to be a player swap. Ideally Sharks get rid of Labanc.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This would be a bad time for the Preds to sell low on Fabbro, I hope they don't trade him. He was a great partner for Josi last year, but right from Day 1 in Camp, John Hynes decided to break him down to the 3rd pair instead, without any explanation or logic that we could see. And there he has been practically all season. They even moved Lauzon up and to the right side recently ahead of Fabbro. It boggles the mind. But now they've also added two new RD in Barrie and Foote, so it's definitely possible that Fabbro will continue to be on the outs.

Until this season he has been very good and very worthy of his #17 overall draft slot. I suspect he'll go straight back to that as soon as he is traded away from Hynes. Mobile 2-way player, not physical, still young at 24, I would not trade him for less than a 1st, but now that we have so many draft picks, it's really the player we need more, so I wouldn't even take a 1st. Although if management is as down on him as Hynes is, then I would guess they'll be willing to take less than I would. Especially now that they've spent a whole year running down his value. :banghead:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Fabbro would be a good addition. IMO it won't cost the Sharks much to acquire him right now so it's perfect

I would imagine alot of teams would be interested in him though. Decent young player that won't be overly expensive for his next contract

TK

Feb 26, 2019
No. I’d guess they won’t pay more than like Labanc and that’s about it.
Fabbro is 24 and had a really good season just last year. His even strength TOI average was only 40 seconds fewer per game than Ekholm.

Why in the world would the Preds trade him for Labanc? Especially when they have plenty of cap room now and hopefully a new coaching staff next year.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I wouldn't mind the Flames trading for Fabbro and then flipping Chris Tanev to a contender

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
San Jose Hockey Now is a legit Sharks source. Not sure about the author himself, but he does quote Jeff Marek who is one of the best insiders out there. This rumour has been going on for about a week or so (along with Sharks and Greenway).

What does Nashville want back? Both teams seem to be selling so it would probably have to be a player swap. Ideally Sharks get rid of Labanc.
We just got rid of nino so labanc doesnt really fit the bill. Thats a pretty lateral move

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fabbro is 24 and had a really good season just last year. His even strength TOI average was only 40 seconds fewer per game than Ekholm.

Why in the world would the Preds trade him for Labanc? Especially when they have plenty of cap room now and hopefully a new coaching staff next year.
Why would the Sharks pay more? I never said anything about the Preds side on purpose.
And I'd guess he won't be a San Jose Shark in that case....
With how many bottom pairing D they already have, that’s fine.

Reactions: themelkman

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Why would the Sharks pay more? I never said anything about the Preds side on purpose.
Because they want to acquire him. According to people who generally know much more about this than we would.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I wonder if sharks would do a deal based around bystedt for fabbro possibly?
No. Bystedt is legit imo. Had a very good statistical WJC and was one of Swedens best players. Id imagine Bystedts a, how did the Devils fans term it, a “non starter”? just giving you Devils fans some shit. Seriously though, I’d just to get Fabbro. Just not at the cost of a raw, still developing, POTENTIAL top 6-9 Center prospect.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Because they want to acquire him. According to people who generally know much more about this than we would.
Yeah and the Sharks also acquired Pacioretty and traded Karlsson, Hertl, and Couture according to sources. Not everything is 100% accurate from sources. It could be that the Sharks called on Fabbro and have since moved on.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah and the Sharks also acquired Pacioretty and traded Karlsson, Hertl, and Couture according to sources. Not everything is 100% accurate from sources. It could be that the Sharks called on Fabbro and have since moved on.
Sure, but I don't see how any of that translates to their best offer is probably player with negative value. It was a nonsense comment

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I honestly wouldn’t do anything other than a Labanc swap or possibly a Bordeleau for Fabbro swap. Seeing as how much most Sharks I talk to including myself generally feel about Bordeleau. I think expectations would be pretty high for Fabbro in teal If a deal like this came together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad