Rumor: Sharks GM Doug Wilson looking desperately to get a first for rebuild mode

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If you think the sharks need more d men then you haven’t watched the sharks. The problem almost entirely lies in the star players not performing, a lack of quality top forwards, and subpar goaltending
The Sharks absolutely need defensemen that can actually defend.
That and have EK not be a turn over machine when he's not just spectating.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Did you see me mention a defenseman? I was talking about Evander Kane on the trade block. As well as Tyler Tofolli. Not sure what you’re talking about. I was merely commenting on an idea of having Kane on the trade block for a possible first.
Sorry, my second part didn’t save. Kane should not be on the block at all, he has been one of our better forwards this year, and trading him would open another hole in the top six, adding to the 2 we already have. It’s going to be hard enough getting two top six forwards next year without getting some sort of underpayment for kane

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The Sharks absolutely need defensemen that can actually defend.
That and have EK not be a turn over machine when he's not just spectating.
We can’t get rid of Burns,Karlsson or Vlasic so who exactly is going to move? Ferraro and Simek have been just fine as has Dillon

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Sorry, my second part didn’t save. Kane should not be on the block at all, he has been one of our better forwards this year, and trading him would open another hole in the top six, adding to the 2 we already have. It’s going to be hard enough getting two top six forwards next year without getting some sort of underpayment for kane

That’s all i was contemplating. Good to know

pf8363

Feb 17, 2015
Middlestadt, Risto and a 1st(top 10 protected) for Meier @1mil retained?

Or Risto and a 1st (top ten protected) for Hertl

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
They would probably have to move Kane and Courture or Hertl to fix this mess and give themselves a chance.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They would probably have to move Kane and Courture or Hertl to fix this mess and give themselves a chance.

They can't afford to trade the only three reliable top forwards that they have unless any one of them returns two top six players. The goaltending is fine when the team actually plays sound and disciplined defense. Their biggest issue is that they don't sustain offensive pressure anywhere near enough because they don't have the talent up front to keep pucks in the attacking zone for extended periods of time.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I wonder if Ottawa would bite on either Hertl or Meier in a deal where the sharks get their pick back.

Picks are stupid. They need to try to win with Burns, Karlsson, Thornton, Marleau, Couture or Hertl now or next few years. They can rebuild when they lose them.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Stranger things have happened but I don't see LaBanc returning a 1st round pick.

At this price, there will be better options on the market for wingers.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I wonder if Ottawa would bite on either Hertl or Meier in a deal where the sharks get their pick back.

I don’t think they will. Especially without protections. Your pick is lottery enabled. They have 2 chances at Lafrenier now.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Stranger things have happened but I don't see LaBanc returning a 1st round pick.

At this price, there will be better options on the market for wingers.

I love Labanc. If Anaheim’s pick was 28-29 ish I would do the deal. Cheap contract and I love his story. Also he’s a pretty damn good player that can play now.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Thats an interesting thought. I wonder if anyone at the deadline would have a use for Kane. But at the same time wouldn’t it be more cost efficient both in trade value and contract $ just to go after Toffoli instead?

Interesting idea to say the least. It got me thinking
Probably highly unlikely Kane gets traded unless it's for a damn good package. Fast 30G power forwards in their prime, especially with a contract, would have to fetch a really good package. Not worth it to trade him for a mid to late first and a B level prospect. Chances are neither of those even come close to replacing what he brings.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
You think 1 player cost your team to lose. Fyi you guys were taking runs at the blues as well. Was the hit high yes, was it purposefully I don't thi k so. Like I said your team never should have been in the second round and honestly you guys were outplayed the entire series. Didn't you guys whine enough already. You got beat by a tougher and more all around team. Move on
Oh get over yourself. You won and you guys complain about the hand pass more than we complain about some legitimate dirty hits

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Devils have a extra first and it seems ownership wants to move faster than Shero wanted to so it could be available, but likely not known until we see if the Yotes make the playoffs or not. Draft floor deal?

Reactions: Pistol Pete

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Oh get over yourself. You won and you guys complain about the hand pass more than we complain about some legitimate dirty hits
I'm not the one complaining. I express my opinion on your defenders who can not actually play defence. You brought the rest up. Let's be honest with our selves thier was zero chance your team was going to beat Boston.

Reactions: BamZoni

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No not really. You take away the gifted game and they were not. Blues massively outplayed sharks. Sharks def3nse is aweful

You can't really take away the gifted game because even if the refs got that call right, there's no guarantee the Blues win that game because the two teams were even on that night. And if that goal doesn't happen, I doubt the Blues come out with as much vigor as they did because they clearly didn't have that level of motivation prior to it. The Sharks defense was actually fine against the Blues. Their offense didn't show up in game four. They lost all of Hertl, Karlsson, and Pavelski partway through game 5. And all three were out for game 6. Blues won the battle of attrition and deserve credit for that regardless of the cleanliness of their hits. That's part of playoff hockey. Health is a legitimate issue for any team's successful playoff runs. Blues got the better end of that this time around but don't rewrite history just to pump your own tires. It's gimmicky and it's hacky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad