Rumor: Sharks GM Doug Wilson looking desperately to get a first for rebuild mode

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
If Labanc is actually available the Flames should be all over it. Not sure how this makes any sense for the Sharks who shouldn’t be trading any of their youth for magic beans. This seems like a move to make for optics alone.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If Labanc is actually available the Flames should be all over it. Not sure how this makes any sense for the Sharks who shouldn’t be trading any of their youth for magic beans. This seems like a move to make for optics alone.
Personally I dont think Doug would move Labanc, but for the right overpayment who knows

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
A bit off topic, but for you Bay Area/LA fans, is Sharks/Kings a huge rivalry? I know Dodgers/Giants is a thing so I was wondering if there is a lot of animosity like that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
A bit off topic, but for you Bay Area/LA fans, is Sharks/Kings a huge rivalry? I know Dodgers/Giants is a thing so I was wondering if there is a lot of animosity like that.

It is to Sharks but my experience tells me it isn't to the Kings at least when it comes to the fans.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Much like The Yankee's and the Red Soxs
I doubt the NY City types give much thought about vs the Bostonian
Same with the Angeleno's vs NorCal
LastBarrenDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Come on MAN !!!!!! Why would the Bruins trade a 27 goal scorer a top prospect and a # 1........
Lets throw something against the wall and see if it sticks type of proposal
Hey if you had better options I would have proposed them but you guys only have one prospect of a decent tier. Hertl isnt coming for bottom sixers

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Come on MAN !!!!!! Why would the Bruins trade a 27 goal scorer a top prospect and a # 1........
Lets throw something against the wall and see if it sticks type of proposal
More like let’s trade for the Sharks best forward and try to get him for crap (first one). It will take a huge package to get Hertl.

Reactions: Groo

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

San Jose, Anaheim, Kings have always been a huge rivalry. It’s always a rivalry because all three teams fight for the division crown every year. It’s more of who’s the best in California.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Going to
San Jose, Anaheim, Kings have always been a huge rivalry. It’s always a rivalry because all three teams fight for the division crown every year. It’s more of who’s the best in California.

Going to the Ducks game in Anaheim with Sharks gear on was like a walk through Disneyland, No pun intended.

La not so much had few scuffles through playoffs there, gets a little nasty similar to how dodgers giants. So Kings for sure a lot more to me.

People at the Pond are clueless. I had a guy try and belittle me cause i was from San Jose, he was like a pro team in San Jose, where is that?

I was like you know top 10 largest cities in the country, Silicon valley and well more known then this shit Pond of yours

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Going to

Going to the Ducks game in Anaheim with Sharks gear on was like a walk through Disneyland, No pun intended.

La not so much had few scuffles through playoffs there, gets a little nasty similar to how dodgers giants. So Kings for sure a lot more to me.

People at the Pond are clueless. I had a guy try and belittle me cause i was from San Jose, he was like a pro team in San Jose, where is that?

I was like you know top 10 largest cities in the country, Silicon valley and well more known then this **** Pond of yours

You have to understand demographics. Anaheim is Orange County. Rich people live there. They aren’t going to fight, they won’t argue with you. They basically are just trying to watch a hockey game. You’re acting like every venue is suppose to be Lakers versus Celtics at the Staples center. It’s not like that.

And why are you trying to start fights anyway. You’re gonna get your ass knocked out talking that smack IRL at a hockey game or maybe even worst. You know what happen at the dodgers parking lot to that giants fan a few years ago.

Not sure why you’re trying to start fights when it’s a family friendly sport to attend to.

Last edited:

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
You have to understand demographics. Anaheim is Orange County. Rich people live there. They aren’t going to fight, they won’t argue with you. They basically are just trying to watch a hockey game. You’re acting like every venue is suppose to be Lakers versus Celtics at the Staples center. It’s not like that.

And why are you trying to start fights anyway. You’re gonna get your ass knocked out talking that smack IRL at a hockey game or maybe even worst. You know what happen at the dodgers parking lot to that giants fan a few years ago.

Not sure why you’re trying to start fights when it’s a family friendly sport to attend to.

My post completely went over your head.

When did i say i wanted to fight, or starting fights? You should learn to process and read before you spew BS. Nothing about my post says anything about welcoming fights, just my experiences.

I told you when i was in la i had issues there, people instigated.

Thats exactly my point, i even compared it to the giants dodgers.

Point being La is bigger then Anaheim

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
My post completely went over your head.

What did i say about wanting to fight, or starting fights?

I told you when i was in la i had issues there, people instigated.

Thats exactly my point, i even compared it to the giants dodgers.

Point being La is bigger then Anaheim

Of course LA is bigger than Anaheim. But you have to compare counties. Los Angeles county and Orange County. Not everyone lives in Los Angeles, and not everyone lives in Anaheim.

That’s why I said demographics. People travel to games outside of its respective cities. Los Angeles is more below middle class / middle class. Compared to Laguna Niguel, Anaheim Hills etc area that are rich. So you’re not going to have the same type of atmosphere as it was in staples center. Rich people aren’t going to cause problems or fight.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Of course LA is bigger than Anaheim. But you have to compare counties. Los Angeles county and Orange County. Not everyone lives in Los Angeles, and not everyone lives in Anaheim.

That’s why I said demographics. People travel to games outside of its respective cities. Los Angeles is more below middle class / middle class. Compared to Laguna Niguel, Anaheim Hills etc area that are rich. So you’re not going to have the same type of atmosphere as it was in staples center. Rich people aren’t going to cause problems or fight.

Once again, you are taking Convo to different place.

It is obvious why.

I was just mentioning someone said whos bigger and the more heated rival, Ducks or Kings

I said LA.

end of story

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Once again, you are taking Convo to different place.

It is obvious why.

I was just mentioning someone said whos bigger and the more heated rival, Ducks or Kings

I said LA.

end of story

And I’m trying to explain to you why. But you don’t want to listen.

You’re comparing people who work for Fortune 500 companies to people who work for Amazon hourly in Los Angeles. Of course there’s a difference at Staples center compared to Honda Center. And I’m not trying to be mean. I’m just pointing out the obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad