Confirmed with Link: Sharks get Donato for 2021 3rd

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Flipping Marleau for Donato is a great deal
Mad conspiracy dominos! What if DW traded the Wild the Pens 3rd in 2021 even though they wanted a 2020 because they can trade it back to the Penguins for Murray so that the Pens can make an offer sheet on rfa??? 4d chess?

Reactions: themelkman

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
So what's the story with this Donato kid? I'm not familiar. From the short bit I've read he's a relatively young, electric, skilled young winger from Harvard. Was on a deep Boston team where he didn't get enough ice time. Traded to Minny, still didn't get enough ice time but has top 6 scoring potential if he gets the opportunity? Did I get that right? I hope so. From the highlights I've seen this could kind of turn into a steal for a 3rd next year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
So what's the story with this Donato kid? I'm not familiar. From the short bit I've read he's a relatively young, electric, skilled young winger from Harvard. Was on a deep Boston team where he didn't get enough ice time. Traded to Minny, still didn't get enough ice time but has top 6 scoring potential if he gets the opportunity? Did I get that right? I hope so. From the highlights I've seen this could kind of turn into a steal for a 3rd next year.

I saw this. Looks like this guy will be solid if he gets minutes. At least solid offensively, I don't know about his defensive game.

"Donato scored 15 points in his first 15 games with the Wild, including six two-point games. But a week later, the Wild acquired Fiala, then signed Zuccarello as a free agent. Both moves dropped Donato in the depth chart behind Kunin and Greenway."

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Already is a steal, we litterally gave nothing up for him. The penguins paid for us to get him.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Shades of Reimer/Polak, I feel like we're not gonna like the Dubnyk side of this

On it's own, great, but I don't think this is an isolated incident
DW likes to make sure people have stuff to complain about. Maybe he has an ownership stake here. :laugh:

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I like this trade a lot. Now f*** it up by adding Dubnyk 100% salary for a 1st.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wow!!
"Donato ranked ninth in the NHL in 5-on-5 goals per 60 minutes (minimum 49 games) with 1.4. Some of the stars just ahead of him? Alex Ovechkin, Auston Matthews, David Pastrnak and Mika Zibanejad."

It was a very small sample with inflated shooting percentage that he won’t sustain, but this is still very promising. Meier led our team this season and he was at like 1.06, and nobody else cracked 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad