Sharks Elimination Number/Draft Pick Scenarios 2015 (UPD: Sharks 9th in lottery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I can't shake this feeling that Carolina wins the lottery. Just a gut feeling that I've had for a couple weeks now.

I'm really hoping that Columbus wins it. Them or Carolina. Both of those teams are good teams whose seasons were ruined by injuries, and both started winning down the stretch instead of tanking.

As long as Toronto, Edmonton, or someone behind us doesn't win it, I'm fine.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm really hoping that Columbus wins it. Them or Carolina. Both of those teams are good teams whose seasons were ruined by injuries, and both started winning down the stretch instead of tanking.

As long as Toronto, Edmonton, or someone behind us doesn't win it, I'm fine.

I actually do not want Carolina to win for the pure selfish reason that their posters on the forum seem to think that Crouse is really hard on their draft board and that they are likely to grab him if they do not win the lottery.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I actually do not want Carolina to win for the pure selfish reason that their posters on the forum seem to think that Crouse is really hard on their draft board and that they are likely to grab him if they do not win the lottery.

:laugh:

In that case, Columbus is our best bet. They're the only team ahead of us that I'm 100% sure would go D if they don't win the lottery.

Columbus/McDavid
Buffalo/Eichel
Arizona/Strome
Edmonton/Hanifin
Toronto/Marner
Carolina/Crouse :naughty:
New Jersey/Barzal
Philadelphia/Rantanen
San Jose/choice of Werenski&Provorov :naughty:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
:laugh:

In that case, Columbus is our best bet. They're the only team ahead of us that I'm 100% sure would go D if they don't win the lottery.

Columbus/McDavid
Buffalo/Eichel
Arizona/Strome
Edmonton/Hanifin
Toronto/Marner
Carolina/Crouse :naughty:
New Jersey/Barzal
Philadelphia/Rantanen
San Jose/choice of Werenski&Provorov :naughty:

I really hope you're in a room without sharp objects if Werenski & Provorov are available in case DW doesn't take one of them :laugh:

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I really hope that either the Leafs or the Sharks win it. I still support the Leafs second after the Sharks so it would be awesome to see McDavid playing for the Leafs if not the Sharks. I think I would actually cry if the Sharks somehow won it and got McDavid haha. I actually think we would be unstoppable if we had McDavid, then Goldobin next year too. Ahh its fun to dream isn't it? :sarcasm::(

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Also does anyone think we'd actually be able to trade up, you guys think anybody would actually be willing to trade us a higher pick for the right deal? Either way I think I'm happy with picking 9th.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm holding some optimism that we may win the lottery. I'm fully aware that it's unlikely, but I do believe it's completely random and 5% leaves us with a decent chance of winning it. If the hockey gods exist and they want to reward us, I feel like now would be the time.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I really hope you're in a room without sharp objects if Werenski & Provorov are available in case DW doesn't take one of them :laugh:

Thanks for reminding me, I'll have a straight-jacket at the ready.

Also does anyone think we'd actually be able to trade up, you guys think anybody would actually be willing to trade us a higher pick for the right deal? Either way I think I'm happy with picking 9th.

I highly doubt it but just for fun... If Hanifin slips to NJ at 6th, they could be interested in trading down a few spots to get a forward and some assets. Very unlikely though.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I don't think the jump up is worth it unless you're getting into the top 5. Especially if it's a jump from werenski to hanifin. Not sure the gap there is worth another pick/player.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I would like philly would be amicable to swapping with us. They pick up a 2016 2nd and get their choice of Rantanen or Crouse after we and Columbus split on Provorov and Werenski. Speaking of which I do think it's a possibility that Columbus likes Rantanen for Johansens wing, or Barzal as a compliment that brings a different dynamic as the #2 center.

I think New Jersey goes Barzal.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I don't think the jump up is worth it unless you're getting into the top 5. Especially if it's a jump from werenski to hanifin. Not sure the gap there is worth another pick/player.

If we're trading up, I would want it to be to get Marner should he drop to that 6-7 range. I've seen some mock's and projections that have him as low as 7 even. Would love for the Sharks to move up and grab him. I don't see the need to jump from say a Werenski to Hanifin.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
We're winning the draft lottery. It's on my birthday and only good things happen on my birthday. So let's start planning for our 2nd round pick.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
This was a great thread, but it is now a bit repetitive with our speculation thread going on now that the season is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad