Sharks Elimination Number/Draft Pick Scenarios 2015 (UPD: Sharks 9th in lottery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
Awesome, 9th pick is pretty good. 1st would be even better obviously, but at 9th there's a few pretty interesting prospects that should still be available.

Ser Jorah Mormont

Lord Friendzone
Sep 3, 2013
Down Under
kjMExxT.gif

Strata21

May 25, 2010
Watch the LA Kings win the lottery and push us back to 10th. Lol.

So speaking of Lawson Crouse, would you say he would be comparable to Andrew Ladd (or maybe even Dustin Brown) assuming he maxes out on his potential?

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Jackets have far fewer ROWs than the Sharks. They were never in the conversation for today because they have the tiebreaker.

Ok. This is where I was confused. The TSN standings have CBJ ahead of us which would have us picking 8th. I guess their standings are wrong.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

So speaking of Lawson Crouse, would you say he would be comparable to Andrew Ladd (or maybe even Dustin Brown) assuming he maxes out on his potential?

I was reading interviews for him and he compared his game style to be a mix between Rick Nash and Milan Lucic. Basically a more talented PF than Lucic .. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Btw how do they do the lottery? Do they just pull one ball and that's that? Or do they it like 10 times and the team that got the most pulls gets the win?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Yes. I think Ladd is a good comparison. Statistically, very very very similar. Ladd only had about a PPG in his draft year (IIRC) and he went 5th overall. Now he's an elite 5v5 scorer in the NHL

If you want to be optimistic on Crouse, I think there's a legit argument that he's this year's Landeskog. If you look at Landeskog's draft-1 year (since Landeskog is a late birthday) and compare it to Crouse's draft year, it puts Crouse in a very favorable light. And besides that, Landeskog only scored 66 points in 53 games in his draft year. Jason Akeson scored 108 points and Ryan Murphy scored 79, so it's not like Landeskog didn't have help. Crouse only had 51 points in 56 games, but he also lead his team; Kingston was a wasteland offensively without Bennett (and Watson missed time). I can't remember exactly what it is, but I know Crouse's scoring rate increased dramatically after Bennett came back.

I still think there are better picks, but Crouse is nothing to sniff at. He has every desirable physical trait, very good defensive presence, a helluva mean streak, and a great shot. He's not particularly creative offensively, that's my only real issue.

Ran the simulator 50 times: Oilers and Sharks won 7 times each...

http://nhllotterysimulator.com

Ran it too. Sharks won twice in 50 goes, but so did Toronto :)laugh:) and LA didn't win at all.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yes. I think Ladd is a good comparison. Statistically, very very very similar. Ladd only had about a PPG in his draft year (IIRC) and he went 5th overall. Now he's an elite 5v5 scorer in the NHL

If you want to be optimistic on Crouse, I think there's a legit argument that he's this year's Landeskog. If you look at Landeskog's draft-1 year (since Landeskog is a late birthday) and compare it to Crouse's draft year, it puts Crouse in a very favorable light. And besides that, Landeskog only scored 66 points in 53 games in his draft year. Jason Akeson scored 108 points and Ryan Murphy scored 79, so it's not like Landeskog didn't have help. Crouse only had 51 points in 56 games, but he also lead his team; Kingston was a wasteland offensively without Bennett (and Watson missed time). I can't remember exactly what it is, but I know Crouse's scoring rate increased dramatically after Bennett came back.

I still think there are better picks, but Crouse is nothing to sniff at. He has every desirable physical trait, very good defensive presence, a helluva mean streak, and a great shot. He's not particularly creative offensively, that's my only real issue.

Ran it too. Sharks won twice in 50 goes, but so did Toronto :)laugh:) and LA didn't win at all.

I ran it 100 times. We did not even win it once. Panthers and Sharks were the only two teams that did not win it even once. LA won it once, Boston won it a whopping 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad