GDT: Sharks at Flames; November 12th

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know. I'm saying maybe you guys should stop copypasting the GDTs if you're getting lazy when you stop updating information outside of lineup info. :shakehead

Maybe, for instance, you should check if you have Stempniak on IR in your post.

Just maybe.

Woah, that's a lot of righteous indignation. Is your suggestion that I retype the entire block of code each time, or rather that I just be perfect and never make mistakes? I spend a goodly amount of time making changes to the GDT and checking them for errors, when I miss one it is not due to carelessness, but simply an oversight. I don't want to have errors in my GDT.

Why you heff to be med?

EDIT: Fixed now.

Aug 3, 2010
Woah, that's a lot of righteous indignation. Is your suggestion that I retype the entire block of code each time, or rather that I just be perfect and never make mistakes? I spend a goodly amount of time making changes to the GDT and checking them for errors, when I miss one it is not due to carelessness, but simply an oversight. I don't want to have errors in my GDT.

Why you heff to be med?

Don't you want to be perfect? ;)

Considering I helped make the basis to the first couple of GDTs I know how "fun" it can be to create/edit a huge block of code.
Dunno, for a guy who likes to do the technical side of things (such as your contributions to the fantasy league) I thought you'd check the GDT before you'd try to link back to a status update trying to "correct me" about Stempniak.
Being perfect would be a good start to fixing that. :sarcasm:

But in all honesty I like the GDT I just wish there were more variety in our templates / more information. There's some pretty cool/interesting GDTs that other team boards have that change how they present themselves on a regular basis. I guess I have GDT envy :(

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Dunno, for a guy who likes to do the technical side of things (such as your contributions to the fantasy league) I thought you'd check the GDT before you'd try to link back to a status update trying to "correct me" about Stempniak.

But in all honesty I like the GDT I just wish there were more variety in our templates / more information.

Well, frankly I didn't have a clue what you meant with your original post. I thought you were just saying that you thought that Stempniak was still injured, and that my including him in the starting lineup was an error on my part.

That is, I thought you were referring to the injured list in your own head, not my post. Also, when I first made the GDT, I had Stempniak out of the lineup as he was still only 'possible.' When I put him in for Reinhart, I did forget to update the injured list accordingly.

I like the consistency. It's one thing to want spectacular threads for every game, but it's another to be willing to actually invest the time!

Aug 3, 2010
I'm not sure if you know how Sharks work or not :laugh:
Apparently if you flip a perfectly healthy live shark belly-side up underwater, they enter a catatonic state and are basically completely helpless.
Also, if they are held in place in still water, they suffocate rather quickly since most of them have to move water/oxygen into their gills through swimming movement. Therefore, they're suffocating when they're not moving.

I'm kind of a bio nerd.

I guess if we want to stick with the sinking analogy, well, we can place them deep enough underwater so that the water pressure will essentially crush them. I'm OK with this.

Sharks still win 5-1 though :sarcasm:

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Scored free tickets to the game tonight for the second time in only two weeks. Firsts the Leafs now the Sharks, my luck is unreal right now. Both were super good seats too, hopefully I dont curse them like I did at the Leafs game. Go Flames Go!

...Maybe I wont wear my Stajan Home jersey this time, should I go third jersey (last years retro) or Heritage Classic?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Well, frankly I didn't have a clue what you meant with your original post. I thought you were just saying that you thought that Stempniak was still injured, and that my including him in the starting lineup was an error on my part.

That is, I thought you were referring to the injured list in your own head, not my post. Also, when I first made the GDT, I had Stempniak out of the lineup as he was still only 'possible.' When I put him in for Reinhart, I did forget to update the injured list accordingly.

I like the consistency. It's one thing to want spectacular threads for every game, but it's another to be willing to actually invest the time!

Nobody should be allowed to non-constructively insult the GDT if they're not putting in the work to ensure there is a complex GDT available, relatively updated, up posted in advance. That's not cool! :shakehead

Thank you for all your hard work Anglesmith :)

Aug 3, 2010
Some sharks can be paralyzed by applying pressure to certain pressure points.
Those points are on the umbrella formation on the powerplay, yes?

...Aren't the Flames like 0 for... 30 something in their last 10 games or whatever? :facepalm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Those points are on the umbrella formation on the powerplay, yes?

...Aren't the Flames like 0 for... 30 something in their last 10 games or whatever? :facepalm:

Apparently a concentrated stream of rubber applied to the backup goalie region is enough to do it, too.

Our powerplay is only one good shot from working. :) Stay hopeful!

Aug 3, 2010
Hope Smid has a good showing regardless of powerplay woes. I know he's not exactly an offensive dynamo but who knows what will happen...

Last edited:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Our PP hasn't even looked bad the last couple games. It just won't quite connect. I think once one goes in, it'll be like opening the floodgates. We have the necessary personnel and system.

That said, Ladi Smid is gonna score himself a hat trick tonight. BOOK IT

TheDebaser

May 1, 2013
Do people not realize that the "line up" is practically meaningless under Hartley? The lines will probably be completely different 10 minutes into the game.

Aug 3, 2010
Do people not realize that the "line up" is practically meaningless under Hartley? The lines will probably be completely different 10 minutes into the game.
Almost every coach that doesn't have a perfectly established top line does that. Can't really fault Hartley.

You can see what line combos he liked from previous games here though:

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-co...eam=CGY&strength=EV&playertype=F&gametype=1#A

He does like keeping certain lines together for certain games.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

That was completely true last season. This season he only seems to change the lines if the team is playing bad. The majority of the games the Flames have played so far the lines have been pretty much the same from start to finish.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I know. I'm saying maybe you guys should stop copypasting the GDTs if you're getting lazy when you stop updating information outside of lineup info. :shakehead
Maybe, for instance, you should check if you have Stempniak on IR in your post. Maybe you should remove him from there if he's confirmed to be in the lineup.
Also missing out on the morning skate report from the Flames' website on the past few GDTs... too much work to update that too maybe?

Just maybe...

I'm liking that there's more activity with GDTs and stuff looking better the last couple seasons but if someone is going to make the thread, I'm just asking that they take the time to scan through it and figure out if it needs to be updated or if it could be improved. Piggybacking on the work of others just so you can say you made the thread =/= effort. Lots of great posters here contributing but again would be nice if we actually took at look at what's being posted, or even what isn't being posted and should be added in. :)

Why you heff to be med?

Considering I helped make the basis to the first couple of GDTs I know how "fun" it can be to create/edit a huge block of code.

But in all honesty I like the GDT I just wish there were more variety in our templates / more information. There's some pretty cool/interesting GDTs that other team boards have that change how they present themselves on a regular basis. I guess I have GDT envy :(

Ladies you're both pretty.

GO FLAMES GO.​
*waits impatiently to leave the office.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thanks for all the hardwork poster's put into the GDT's, it is very much appreciated! I think ours are awesome and everyone does a great job! :handclap:

Aug 3, 2010
Ladies you're both pretty.

GO FLAMES GO.​

*waits impatiently to leave the office.
darwin-blushing.jpg

Just A Retool

Mgmt Sunnyvale Style
Oct 24, 2013
Isla Verde
Excited for the game tonight, really hoping that Smid can solidify the defense. Hating giving up on Broissoit and Horak, but this undoubtedly makes our team better now. Lets just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
I love the GDT, come here every game just to read them.... thanks to everyone who helped our board become what it is today.

hoping for another exciting one goal game for the flames, just hope we come out on top

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad