GDT: Sharks at Flames; November 12th

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I don't mind those lines actually. Butler isn't actually going to play top minutes so don't worry about it. D pairings are just being evened out but Wideman and Russell will play the most so I got over it.

I hope you're right, seeing him on the top pairing is bringing back memories of the JBo - Butler pairing from the dark days.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The lines on the Flames website are up, and they look a bit different from what you've got. MOST NOTABLY BUTLER IS ON THE TOP PAIRING.

The lines combos don't look any different. They are simply in a different order. I put them in order of who's going to get the most minutes. They put it in order of whatever was most convenient given what they had last game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Anyone else watch that video on the OP and notice that there are zero players on our team who played in that game? And that was only 2008!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The lines on the Flames website are up, and they look a bit different from what you've got. MOST NOTABLY BUTLER IS ON THE TOP PAIRING.

no
nnnooo
NOOOIWPENOIGNWEAOIGNA

You mean where he has been since Gio went down? If anything Brodie has been the weak link on that pairing (although his last few games have been great).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm gonna get everyone to go back to the first page and have a gander at the OP.

Surprise! All credit to Unlimited Chequing.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Hopefully this changes our luck a little. Otherwise...

barbershop-floor1.jpg

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Anyone else watch that video on the OP and notice that there are zero players on our team who played in that game? And that was only 2008!

Yep, noticed... also, did anyone else instinctively think "Glencross" when they saw Huselius' #20 streaking toward the net on that left side?

I miss the old C of Red atmosphere that we used to have during playoff games. I hope when we finally make our return to the postseason, it still feels just like that.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yep, noticed... also, did anyone else instinctively think "Glencross" when they saw Huselius' #20 streaking toward the net on that left side?

I miss the old C of Red atmosphere that we used to have during playoff games. I hope when we finally make our return to the postseason, it still feels just like that.

Yes, I had exactly that thought! Man, the crowd was so pumped in that video. The noise when Sarich hit Marleau was incredible. Does everyone now maybe understand why a certain portion of fans would be happy to just make the playoffs at the expense of a top-5 pick?

Aug 3, 2010
Stempniak must be a real warrior, broken foot and still in the lineup. OP should really make up their minds :sarcasm:

Aug 3, 2010
He put da team on his back, doo.

link.
I know. I'm saying maybe you guys should stop copypasting the GDTs if you're getting lazy when you stop updating information outside of lineup info. :shakehead
Maybe, for instance, you should check if you have Stempniak on IR in your post. Maybe you should remove him from there if he's confirmed to be in the lineup.
Also missing out on the morning skate report from the Flames' website on the past few GDTs... too much work to update that too maybe?

Just maybe...

I'm liking that there's more activity with GDTs and stuff looking better the last couple seasons but if someone is going to make the thread, I'm just asking that they take the time to scan through it and figure out if it needs to be updated or if it could be improved. Piggybacking on the work of others just so you can say you made the thread =/= effort. Lots of great posters here contributing but again would be nice if we actually took at look at what's being posted, or even what isn't being posted and should be added in. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad