Proposal: Toronto/Columbus

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
2nd Round Pick for Merzlikins 50% retained And Texier

its no secret Toronto is pressed to the cap and Blue Jackets hate Elvis. i think Elvis and Woll could be a great 1a 1b.
leaf's need depth, Texier is a great forechecker with skill ( Columbus has a ton of prospect and not enough roster spots )

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

its no secret Toronto is pressed to the cap and Blue Jackets hate Elvis. i think Elvis and Woll could be a great 1a 1b.
leaf's need depth, Texier is a great forechecker with skill ( Columbus has a ton of prospect and not enough roster spots )
Toronto doesn't have a 2nd pick for the next three years. I also don't see why they would want to acquire another question mark goalie. They've got those.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
The Leafs may go really cheap next season and run Woll, and Hildeby next season and sign another 'vet' to a league min deal as a security blanket.
I dont think any NMC's get waived to clear cap space (unless JT has a season ending injury and may recover in time for the playoffs, ala Vegas), and they need all their cap space to rebuild the defense, else, any goalie will struggle.
The leafs forwards will be all big cap hit, and min salary next season.
Defense should take all the available $$ and then the following season, JT is off the books and they can address a proper goalie if neither youngster develops as hoped

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Don’t see why either side does this. Is it even possible with cap?
doesn't the money work ?? Samsonov is making 3.6 ? 50% of Elvis is 2.7 ?
Texier is prob going to get a 1m dollar raise 2.5m ( likely )

The Leafs may go really cheap next season and run Woll, and Hildeby next season and sign another 'vet' to a league min deal as a security blanket.
I dont think any NMC's get waived to clear cap space (unless JT has a season ending injury and may recover in time for the playoffs, ala Vegas), and they need all their cap space to rebuild the defense, else, any goalie will struggle.
The leafs forwards will be all big cap hit, and min salary next season.
Defense should take all the available $$ and then the following season, JT is off the books and they can address a proper goalie if neither youngster develops as hoped
i do see the leafs running with woll next year but not with out a decent vet and if you can get Elvis for 2.7 why not ?atleast he would call out his teammates LOL

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
I'm all for moving Elvis at 50%. I'm not for including Texier in such a deal.
i love texier but he isn't getting the ice time he deserves in Columbus and seems to be the odd man out ( healthy line up he was 4th line )

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
i love texier but he isn't getting the ice time he deserves in Columbus and seems to be the odd man out ( healthy line up he was 4th line )
I think the poster is referring to making more sense to trade him separately than use in a package to offload Elvis.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Ah yes, just what the Leafs need in net. Another overpaid reject goalie from a team worse than them.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

So a 2027 second round pick,

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes