Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Nick Merkley for Christian Jaros (Merkley Signed 2-way, 1yr/$750k)

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Some things don’t pan out. I don’t think Sheng would make things up. I think it’s just that Doug has his hands in a lot of bowls, and sources over estimate how deep his hand is in some.
But a good reporter does not report till that had has what it wants and is on its way out

Reactions: themelkman

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Sheng said he has 100% faith in his guy or he wouldn’t have said it. Guess we will see.
Could very well still happen, but when you have to wait 2-3 days after the fact and you never dropped a name it’s next to impossible to reasonably credit him with anything. Either you put it out with names and it happens that day or you don’t tweet it out and avoid looking foolish. Very click baity.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Could very well still happen, but when you have to wait 2-3 days after the fact and you never dropped a name it’s next to impossible to reasonably credit him with anything. Either you put it out with names and it happens that day or you don’t tweet it out and avoid looking foolish. Very click baity.

If he had put it on his website, implying "only paid members" get to see, I might agree with you. He didn't; he published it publically.

Think about it from the other point of view. A trusted source decides to tell him something, and Peng decides not to report it. He's indirectly telling his source that he is not trustworthy, and then he loses a source.

Reactions: NiWa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I had a dream that we traded Simek for somebody i never heard of and I’ll be honest, I’m really disappointed by how unimaginative my brain is.

Live look into Jargon's head:

5_HPdjHRoR9lcfeBqzyFnPG6LVk=.gif

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008

I did find the lack of specificity with teams or players quite odd as well.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Sounds like he had this one before anybody else, so I would suggest we don’t do that.

Also never saw him confirm Sheary or anything, just say we were talking to him.

Only 3 days later and intentionally vague. It’s like he had 16 teams and 72 hours to choose from.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Sounds like he’s a pretty good playmaker? I love the one scouting report I read on him which was basically that he isn’t wildly skilled but he works really hard and is constantly passing the puck.

Sounds similar to comedy prospect @TheBeard

Was a first round pick and has scored fairly well in AHL so gotta be some skill there.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hopefully with his older brother around, Ryan will be more motivated to play better. Maybe he even makes the team out of camp.
I did like Jaros though but we have an excess of young dmen in the minors.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad