Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Nick Merkley for Christian Jaros (Merkley Signed 2-way, 1yr/$750k)

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Memorable Forward Lines in Sharks History

No. 7: Sergei Makarov—Igor Larionov—Johan Garpenlov

No. 6: Scott Thornton—Mike Ricci—Niklas Sundstrom

No. 5: Tomas Hertl—Joe Thornton—Brent Burns

No. 4: Milan Michalek—Patrick Marleau—Steve Bernier

No. 3: Jeff Friesen -- Vincent Damphousse--Owen Nolan

No. 2: Johnathon Cheecho—Joe Thornton—Mark Bell

No. 1: Patrick Marleau--Joe Thornton--Joe Pavelski

You gotta mention Ekman - Thornton - Cheechoo in any memorable lineup. That line was so fun.

No love for the Burger line?

Those two plus Pavs-Jumbo-Hertl

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I could be totally wrong, but I remember feeling like that line was a lot better on paper than in reality. They produced, but my expectation was, perhaps unjustified, that Heatley was going to be god-tier on that line and he was simply just good.

Joe Thornton - 79gp 20g 69a 89p
Patrick Marleau - 82gp 44g 39a 83p
Dany Heatley - 82gp 39g 43a 82p

pretty damn good in 09-10

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
There was a poll on this board before the 2009 season about how many goals Heatley would score with Jumbo that season. The consensus was 50+, almost nobody guessed less than 40. So it was viewed as underwhelming at the time.

As far as this trade goes, Merkley's passing skills are something the 4th line has lacked for a while.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I remember Heatley scoring a lot of goals in the 1st half of that season and slowing down big as it went on. Wonder if that was the start of the end for what was left of his knee.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Haven't seen this posted yet, but along with Merkley, Cuda captain Megna is getting a one-year NHL deal.

It also guarantees a trade coming because signing Hill and Gregor would then put them at 50 contracts and they’re not going to want to be there.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
It also guarantees a trade coming because signing Hill and Gregor would then put them at 50 contracts and they’re not going to want to be there.
200w.gif

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I could be totally wrong, but I remember feeling like that line was a lot better on paper than in reality. They produced, but my expectation was, perhaps unjustified, that Heatley was going to be god-tier on that line and he was simply just good.
First half of the season leading up to them being an olympic line they were prolific. One of the best lines in hockey up to that point.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
i mean it was still "disappointing" but they were still elite because that disappointment just meant Heater didn't score 50 in '10
Heater had 39 goals and 82 points, Patty had 44 goals and 83 points and Jumbo had 69 assists and 89 points. Not sure how much more you could hope for from a line. Probably the highest scoring line in team history or at least 2nd behind Jumbo's MVP season where he put up 125 and Cheechoo had like 94...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Memorable Forward Lines in Sharks History

No. 7: Sergei Makarov—Igor Larionov—Johan Garpenlov

No. 6: Scott Thornton—Mike Ricci—Niklas Sundstrom

No. 5: Tomas Hertl—Joe Thornton—Brent Burns

No. 4: Milan Michalek—Patrick Marleau—Steve Bernier

No. 3: Jeff Friesen -- Vincent Damphousse--Owen Nolan

No. 2: Johnathon Cheecho—Joe Thornton—Mark Bell

No. 1: Patrick Marleau--Joe Thornton--Joe Pavelski

Where does the Heated Jumbo Patty line fit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad