Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Jonathan Dahlen for Linus Karlsson

SuperStarFerraro

Jun 21, 2018
Love this trade for the sharks, He will be with the Barracudda I asssume, would love him on our 4th line though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Man, if Benning sees this it might happen, can you delete?

Sure, but first I need to go tweet something (entirely unrelated, I assure you). Would you happen to know if Benning has a twitter account and what his handle is? I ask for another also unrelated reason. For a friend. Yeah. A friend. And you can't prove otherwise.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Jimbo not aware that twitter is "a thing" but your friend can reach the guy that pays Benning right here: Francesco Aquilini (@fr_aquilini) | Twitter. Word of warning: He doesn't know how twitter threads work and sometimes he "live tweets" games.
Sure, but first I need to go tweet something (entirely unrelated, I assure you). Would you happen to know if Benning has a twitter account and what his handle is? I ask for another also unrelated reason. For a friend. Yeah. A friend. And you can't prove otherwise.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
On the surface this looks like a decent upgrade based on production numbers in the same league at the same age. I'm cautiously optimistic that we won this. Time will tell...

Other than that it's really cool to have a legacy player in the system.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
The first hat trick I ever saw live was Ulf Dahlen’s in a playoff game I believe (against Toronto). Good memories. Hope Johnathan makes it to the big club one day.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Dahlen was good friends with Pettersson, so the fact that he asked for a trade must mean that he was not happy in Vancouver.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

The Canucks are terrible and signed Roussel and Beagle so Dahlen didn’t need to play. That’s awesome.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

This is concerning but I like the confidence. I can see why he may have issues cracking the Canucks lower lines but if the Sharks can do what they've done pretty well with others and improve his skating then he should be able to unseat some of our bottom six wingers. I'd be very concerned about this trade if I was Marcus Sorensen, Melker Karlsson, and Barclay Goodrow because this kid could take their spot if his skating gets better. The hockey IQ is there with him. It's whether he puts it all together.

Reactions: one2gamble

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hmm, I would think he is probably even further out for NHL timeline on the Sharks unless cap casualties cause us to pull from AHL?

Sharks are going to be dumping cap most likely in the off-season. One would think that Melker Karlsson is going to be gone this off-season. I'd rather play Dahlen in the pivot of the 4th line over Goodrow and have Goodrow back on the wing where he belongs then let his play dictate from there where he goes. I think he's a 3LW at his peak if the Sharks do what they have done with improving players' skating abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad