Post-Game Talk: Sharks 7, Oilers 4

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Sadly, and I feel for Hitch, staying retired would ultimately be the smart thing to do. poor guy, this means a lot to him and its just piling downhill. This was the only chance this org ever gave him and they gave it to him in a pretty ****ty situation. An Edmonton boy deserved better from this org.

It was looking really promising until Klef went down too. I was believing. Too bad they have zero depth, it is a real shame for sure.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We have 42 million Cup champion Lolcic bringing character

Watching Lucic is like watching a broken rod hockey winger. moves slowly and listlessly up and down, but he's broken and can't do anything.

btw the picture of him cashing in. you can almost see kaching! in his shit eating grin. That picture is from an article when he signed here.

newly-acquired-forward-oiler-milan-lucic-with-rogers-place.jpeg

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
This team/organization is so depressing...I wish Edmonton had another pro sport team but this is all we have....RIP

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Talbot looked like he was already mentally checked out on that shorthanded goal after making the initial mistake.

The way he skated back towards the net in a lackadasical lumbering way was really strange.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Talbot looked like he was already mentally checked out on that shorthanded goal after making the initial mistake.

The way he skated back towards the net in a lackadasical lumbering way was really strange.
Didn’t even try to look like he was trying to get back

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Taking an objective look at our roster is sad...at the end of the day not only did Chia completely bleed away talent and make this roster 1000x worse, he also handicapped us. The Lucic contract is killer, that's an AHL player with a 42 Million dollar contract. The wingers are a combination of AHL players and 4th liners.

Chiasson has been good, but he's a bottom 6 player shooting at 40%. I love Leon, but he's overpaid as well. On Defense, Larsson looks like Douglas Murray without Klef. Nurse looks even worse without Russel, who is a 3rd pair Dman. Even if Chia is gone by the end of this year, we have no talent, and not much talent coming up, and are at the cap, so we have to retool for talent while having no money, with the best player since Mario, after having traded away a league MVP, 2 top 40 draft picks for a Dman that was already considered a bust, and a consistent 25 goal winger.

The only good players on this team, Chia inherited: The 3 centres and Klefbom. Not only does he need to go, at this point Nicholson is just as bad for watching Chia decimate the team and continuing to give him chance after chance.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Taking an objective look at our roster is sad...at the end of the day not only did Chia completely bleed away talent and make this roster 1000x worse, he also handicapped us. The Lucic contract is killer, that's an AHL player with a 42 Million dollar contract. The wingers are a combination of AHL players and 4th liners.

Chiasson has been good, but he's a bottom 6 player shooting at 40%. I love Leon, but he's overpaid as well. On Defense, Larsson looks like Douglas Murray without Klef. Nurse looks even worse without Russel, who is a 3rd pair Dman. Even if Chia is gone by the end of this year, we have no talent, and not much talent coming up, and are at the cap, so we have to retool for talent while having no money, with the best player since Mario, after having traded away a league MVP, 2 top 40 draft picks for a Dman that was already considered a bust, and a consistent 25 goal winger.

The only good players on this team, Chia inherited: The 3 centres and Klefbom. Not only does he need to go, at this point Nicholson is just as bad for watching Chia decimate the team and continuing to give him chance after chance.
But you gotta like their chances.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Didn’t even try to look like he was trying to get back

One bad thing about Talbot is when he's annoyed with how the team is playing in front of him (and the Oilers were horrible all day today) is he sometimes checks out as well.

But this is a team that had a backup goalie that was fuming and swearing at the players on the bench not all that long ago. The Oilers have a lot of floaters in the lineup, and its evident when they float. Goalies, none of them, like being hung out to dry repeatedly. Its all this team is doing since the D injuries kicked in. The forwards are completely checked out of playing a 20oft game. Theres no team play here, no playing for each other.

We have no idea how bad the dressingroom is right now and the discord. What we have instead is denial. We have a guy like Connor saying that Lucic not scoring at all for half a year at a time is no problem, that goalies sucking is no problem. it just seems like lip service. Nothing seems to really get confronted within this lineup. I think we're lacking in the team constitution to hold everybody accountable.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
One bad thing about Talbot is when he's annoyed with how the team is playing in front of him (and the Oilers were horrible all day today) is he sometimes checks out as well.

But this is a team that had a backup goalie that was fuming and swearing at the players on the bench not all that long ago. The Oilers have a lot of floaters in the lineup, and its evident when they float. Goalies, none of them, like being hung out to dry repeatedly. Its all this team is doing since the D injuries kicked in. The forwards are completely checked out of playing a 20oft game. Theres no team play here, no playing for each other.

We have no idea how bad the dressingroom is right now and the discord. What we have instead is denial. We have a guy like Connor saying that Lucic not scoring at all for half a year at a time is no problem, that goalies sucking is no problem. it just seems like lip service. Nothing seems to really get confronted within this lineup. I think we're lacking in the team constitution to hold everybody accountable.
Yep I agree. Hitches plan to make them play for each other has all but evaporated.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its terrible to say, but its a facet of McD leadership too. Beyond that cold stare and intensity at the end of things he's a mild mannered Clark Kent saying good things about everybody and anybody. When Connor McDavid is outright saying regularly that Milan Lucic scoring 2 goals in a calendar year is no problem, no problem at all, its lip service from a young man who of course does not yet have the disposition, or inclination, to shine other light on a formerly respected hockey elder. Its just Mcd being pleasant all day. He's not really a captain in that sense. He's a captian in his play, but I sense not in the room.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Its terrible to say, but its a facet of McD leadership too. Beyond that cold stare and intensity at the end of things he's a mild mannered Clark Kent saying good things about everybody and anybody. When Connor McDavid is outright saying regularly that Milan Lucic scoring 2 goals in a calendar year is no problem, no problem at all, its lip service from a young man who of course does not yet have the disposition, or inclination, to shine other light on a formerly respected hockey elder. Its just Mcd being pleasant all day. He's not really a captain in that sense. He's a captian in his play, but I sense not in the room.
It's unfair for us to assume he is a bad leader by what he says in media scrums. By all accounts he is a great captain. Trying to read between the lines in regards to what any NHL player says on the record is a pretty fruitless task. These players are trained from a young age to not rock the boat outside of the room, for all we know McD is screaming in Lucic's face in between each period about how he needs to step up. Tons of great captains were that way. I highly doubt it would have helped no matter what Connor said, Lucic is what he is, might as well try and take the media pressure off a bit.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's unfair for us to assume he is a bad leader by what he says in media scrums. By all accounts he is a great captain. Trying to read between the lines in regards to what any NHL player says on the record is a pretty fruitless task. These players are trained from a young age to not rock the boat outside of the room, for all we know McD is screaming in Lucic's face in between each period about how he needs to step up. Tons of great captains were that way. I highly doubt it would have helped no matter what Connor said, Lucic is what he is, might as well try and take the media pressure off a bit.

Not what I DESCRIBED. Not bad. Connor is young, respectful. Polite. When he's saying that Lucic performance is not a problem he couldn't be more wrong, and he's saying it lots, and its falsehood. Its white lies. He's a great guy that would not bury a team mate but I wonder if given his young age if he can be critical. if he's found a way to confront peers older than him in words. Its not at all easy to do.

Reactions: Jarvi

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Not what I DESCRIBED. Not bad. Connor is young, respectful. Polite. When he's saying that Lucic performance is not a problem he couldn't be more wrong, and he's saying it lots, and its falsehood. Its white lies. He's a great guy that would not bury a team mate but I wonder if given his young age if he can be critical. if he's found a way to confront peers older than him in words. Its not at all easy to do.
I feel what your saying, but again, we have to take what he says to the media with an entire shaker of salt.

I do hope he has learned how to confront some more experienced players privately though.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Look back at the two rosters the Oilers and Sharks has when they played in the playoffs. Which team improved their roster and which team did not?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Kudos to Conner, the game is lost, but he still blows us away...

http://i.imgur.com/YfprDYP.gifv

It was a remarkable goal because he had the presence of mind and calmness to delicately and deftly deflect that over the goalie and into the net... keeping the shot below the shoulders so it was a valid goal.

Of course part of the calmness was being 4 goals down with seconds to play in a lost cause of a game where a goal didn't matter at all at that stage either.

Still a remarkable goal though.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Watching Lucic is like watching a broken rod hockey winger. moves slowly and listlessly up and down, but he's broken and can't do anything.

btw the picture of him cashing in. you can almost see kaching! in his **** eating grin. That picture is from an article when he signed here.

newly-acquired-forward-oiler-milan-lucic-with-rogers-place.jpeg

They really have to sit him in PB. He brings nothing . He got as assist tonight but game was gone. Plays die on his stick

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Before too many pop up and say... even McDavid is playing less than average and not playing as well as he should... a few stats.

Oilers have scored 34 goals in the past 10 games and he has pts on 20 of them.

58.8% participation rate

There's really no more you can ask of him... those are Gretzky levels and beyond.

Reactions: TB12

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Like it or not this team was doing extremely well before we lost Russell and Klef and nothing is going to happen with changes being made to management personal while they're out and probably for the rest of the season.

The were winning by the skin on their backside. One goal games with unsustainable goaltending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad