Post-Game Talk: Sharks 7, Oilers 4

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ya I always felt like he was dealt a raw deal this season. Injury problems and a coach who didn't give him much opportunity in STL follows him here. He should have been afforded more opportunities this season.

On a side note, how's Rin doing? No more accidental hand injuries, I hope.

space321

May 11, 2011
He played a team low 12 min. Only 1 giveaway and was a 0 in the plus minus. A hit and a nice assist. That’s not terrible. He wasn’t the problem tonight.

Plays die on his stick every shift. He got an assist on a goal that was 90% Draisaitl's skill. The guy has 2 goals in this calendar year and hasn't been scratched once. He's a problem and he's a big problem.

Reactions: Missing smitty

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Well, now everyone knows why I was so devastated when Klef went down to injury. He may not be a top-20 Dman in the league. He may not be a true #1. But there's no other Dman on our team that comes close to being able to fill the role of the #1 Dman on our team like Klefbom does. When he's healthy out there he gives our team a chance to win, regularly playing the most and hardest minutes. Without him, it's a huge hole. Russell has also been somewhat of an unsung hero, quietly playing good D on the 2nd pairing. Huge blows. Wasn't sure if the team would be able to stay afloat at the time (didn't think they would), and man it's going to take a bit of a miracle to turn this around and get some wins strung together.

Nurse still has a lot to prove and he isn't getting any younger. I have hope, but he needs to get it together pretty fast to give this team a chance.
I agree that Klefbom is a lot better than many acknowledge. However I am pretty convinced that if roles were reversed and Nurse, Larsson and Sekera were down pitchforks would be out in full force against Klefbom and Russell. We've seen it before. At the end of the day this team really need all its D to be playing, including Sekera. Losing one already makes things hard, losing two and we're in big trouble, three down and we're up shit creek.

With the highest D caphit tied up in LTIR Sekera things were already less than ideal. Add in Klefbom and Russell and we have almost $14M worth of D sitting out in an already not perfect but acceptable (imo) D core.

Last edited:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I had to review some of the goals to see how bad talbot was. To be clear I think talbot sucks.

Id say there was only one blatantly obvious goal that he should have had. The rest were re-directs, screens, poor clearing attempts etc.

I don't think offence is the issue with the oilers because mcdavid is so dynamic but a couple tweaks on D could make the oilers a playoff team.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Sadly, and I feel for Hitch, staying retired would ultimately be the smart thing to do. poor guy, this means a lot to him and its just piling downhill. This was the only chance this org ever gave him and they gave it to him in a pretty ****ty situation. An Edmonton boy deserved better from this org.
He knew what he was getting when Chia basically said he's gone as soon as the season is done in his very first presser

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I had to review some of the goals to see how bad talbot was. To be clear I think talbot sucks.

Id say there was only one blatantly obvious goal that he should have had. The rest were re-directs, screens, poor clearing attempts etc.

I don't think offence is the issue with the oilers because mcdavid is so dynamic but a couple tweaks on D could make the oilers a playoff team.

Its always a screen for Talbot, hes the worst goalie in the league for never seeing the puck.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
On a side note, how's Rin doing? No more accidental hand injuries, I hope.

Are you referring to when she spiked the webbing of her hand through a bill spike? That was the last one to my knowledge. She's good. Does she not post here anymore?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Are you referring to when she spiked the webbing of her hand through a bill spike? That was the last one to my knowledge. She's good. Does she not post here anymore?

Yes.

Good to hear.

Not to my knowledge.

You should get her to post here again! :)

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Funny to see 11 pages of dumping on the same players over and over, sure it’s all warranted but I don’t see anyone bringing up Nuge at all. So I will. I think Hitch is starting to see what he has there. Nuge played 16 minutes last night, 13 at even strength and managed to go -3 without even a shot on goal. He’s -9 in his last 4 games. Last night he was on for 3 of the first 4 goals against and contributed to us getting buried in the first place... As bad as Lucic has been, and he has been bad, last night in 11 minutes of even strength play he picked up an assist and was an even +/- on a night we gave up 7 goals, put that beside Nuge’s night for perspective... As for Talbot’s lackadaisical skate back to his net just before the 6th goal I can only think it was a message to his teammates that this is what their poor effort looks like from his perspective.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Plays die on his stick every shift. He got an assist on a goal that was 90% Draisaitl's skill. The guy has 2 goals in this calendar year and hasn't been scratched once. He's a problem and he's a big problem.
It was still a nice assist to find Drai streaking like that. If JP passed that you would probably lose your mind. Im not saying his year is acceptable. I’m saying he wasn’t the problem that game so complaining about him in the post-game is weird. He played a TEAM LOW and still managed to help get a goal. Isn’t that what you want from your bottom six players? I already can tell your dislike for lucic is going to make you irrational so let’s just stop this here.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Ya I always felt like he was dealt a raw deal this season. Injury problems and a coach who didn't give him much opportunity in STL follows him here. He should have been afforded more opportunities this season.

Agreed, I’ve been advocating since he got back from injury he needs to be played along side mcdavid and Draisaitl. The 3 of them have chemistry and Rattie when his confidence is up can put the puck in the net. Leave them as a line for 5 games and see what happens. Rattie finally gets a real chance on the top line again last game and puts up 3 assists....what a shocker.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
I honestly think the passion has been beaten out of me over these 13 years. I used to be such a emotional, passionate fan who breathed oiler hockey. Now, I just don't care. I don't care that Calgary is good, I don't care that Toronto is good, hell I don't even care Vancouver is passing us in the standings (and in the rebuild). Even Buffalo is trending upwards. This franchise honestly seems doomed, and it's only a matter of time before McDavid leaves. And when he does, I might not care much then either. Sad how apathy has set in to something I used to hold so dearly.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
yeah thats right jones did write a story during the winning streak about how charelli should be praised, lol, talk about a flip flop
And in other news via Jones, Oilers fans are fickle. You only need to read the headlines to understand that guy is way out of his element.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I honestly think the passion has been beaten out of me over these 13 years. I used to be such a emotional, passionate fan who breathed oiler hockey. Now, I just don't care. I don't care that Calgary is good, I don't care that Toronto is good, hell I don't even care Vancouver is passing us in the standings (and in the rebuild). Even Buffalo is trending upwards. This franchise honestly seems doomed, and it's only a matter of time before McDavid leaves. And when he does, I might not care much then either. Sad how apathy has set in to something I used to hold so dearly.
Think it's happening to a lot of people. I hang out around here to see what's happening, but this year is the first in a long time I could care less about seeing a game live. Knew yesterday was an auto loss so didn't even care if I had to miss pretty much the whole game. If they can't be bothered, why should we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->