Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Pens 0 - After the Meat Sweats Subside, It's the Hangover I Must Contend With

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Thank god for the fast forward button. What happened to the resilience of this team? Again they started not so badly, conceded a goal and unraveled. And of course, the PP continues with Geno at the left point, dumb drop passes, no urgency, nothing. Jarry has come back to earth but the way we played we would have lost even with prime Hasek in net.

Reactions: Angrrus

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I blame the "Mike Sullivan - a lock for the Jack Adams" thread. Now that there is "The Pens need a new coach" on the main board, I fully expect the team to turn things around.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
I’m calling it : The Sheary-Kahun trade was the beginning of the end. That’s what happen when you make trade only for the sake of making a trade, it breaks the dynamic of the team and it only gets worse. Sheary is not a top 6 forward, get your head out of your ass Sullivan!

Until he figures it out (which he probably won’t), enjoy the collapse.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens miss the playoffs and no question moves will be made. This is not the Bylsma Shero situation and with the contracts extensions to both GMJR and Sullivan both are here next year. I do think however the priority of sullys and GMJR smurfs and certain contracts that need to be jettisoned ala JJ, Bjugstad, Horny even with a NTC and retooling of the roster will be made.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
suck again.gif

:laugh:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
we are a team built on speed......... why dose it seem like we are always chasing? and never catching.:laugh:

Because, unlike what some people believe, there's more to the game than speed. Guys need to actually be able to play the game too. Just cause you have 20 Apollo Ono's on the ice doesn't mean you're a good team

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens new “goal” song....whenever one happens...any day now boys

Last edited:

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
If Pens miss the playoffs this year, and that's not out of the question, I think there's a chance Burkle and Mario decide major changes would be needed with the middle management and head coach; The championship window is closing fast, faster than expected. This is gonna be a lottery team for years.

Trades cannot be made just to keep Crosby or Malkin happy anymore. They aren't getting any younger.

This team was swept in the first round last year (a first in Franchise history) and are on their biggest losing streak in a decade.

This team, as constructed, is injury-prone and that doesn't help. They played above their heads for months which was commendable.

Reactions: OswaldBates

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Yeah this is going to 8 games or more, if they didn't beat one of the five other piles of garbage, what is there to make me believe they'll beat an abortion of a team in Ottawa or Buffalo who just beat them less then 10 minutes into the first period a few days ago?

Reactions: EightyOne

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Pens played their best hockey of the season when Sid was injured. Where is Tom Wilson when you need him?

I'm only joking....mostly.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Penguins will win on Tuesday because it is at home. They are a different animal at home. I think we pull off a 4 game win streak starting Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad