Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Pens 0 - After the Meat Sweats Subside, It's the Hangover I Must Contend With

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
People can’t expect management to address defensive issues at the deadline when management has openly said that they have no issues with the defense.

The Buffalo trade was and will remain stupid. JR got worked on that deal.
The Marleau deal could be Iggy 2.0.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think there's far too much turnover to the roster. Granted some of it was due to injury, but I wasn't keen on the Kahun trade. I don't think that trade did us much good. McCann played his best when on a line with Kahun. They seem to read each other rather well. That's not the major issue, but it's one of many.

Also, it's easier for guys coming up from the minors to buy in. I mean they're playing for jobs and elevated salaries. Not saying our hunger is gone, but Sully seems to thrive with such players.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Old, but younger than that. Just turned 35. :laugh:

I am also bald, bearded and am about to turn 34...

Almost....

Twins.jpg

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
After 3 games:

Kahun >> Sheary
Rodrigues is a non-entity, good or bad.

Kahun could have been traded for something this offseason if we wanted to. A 2nd-3rd or thereabouts. Sheary is a UFA.

So in conclusion we traded the better and more valuable player. Dumb.

Also it distracted JR from pursuing defensemen, as you rightly pointed out.
Would rather have Kahun and Lafferty in there than Sheary and Rodrigues that's for sure. They were part of group early in the season that gave this year's pens its newfound energy.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Glad I turned this one off after the first. We always seem to slump right when we have a chance to take over the division. Dudes are tired and our D sucks right now. Hopefully Dumo and Marino are back next game.

Reactions: BHD

Penguinfan66

Sep 9, 2008
I've run out of curse words, adjectives and words in general to describe my frustration, annoyance, disgust and rage for this. This is beyond pathetic, is there a word in any language for this?
CLUSTERF***.
3 reasons i didnt watch are I actually was tired. I start work at 6am(actually getting up soon) and i figired they'd probably suck again.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
1st in the division is gone. Just hope we can somehow get 2nd. Have to start winning though

Reactions: BHD

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I remember in the not to distant past we were fighting for the division lead and even first place in the league, now I could just as easily see this team sliding down into a bubble position.

We went from playing incredibly well DESPITE injuries, now we're just... words cannot describe.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Silver lining. We either become a desperate team and fight our way back to beastmode hockey in time for the playoffs. Or we miss the playoffs and we get to keep our 1st.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Somehow my schedule showed this game on Sunday, so I feel kind of lucky that I totally miss this one (or is it Monday and I'm missing work?).

Anyhow, let's just hope in the classic March of the Penguins ...

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
This team has the emotional & mental stability of a 13 year old girl who lost her 1st boyfriend to her Best Friend Forever !!! at this point take Zucker off Sid's line give him both his toys SHAARY & Simon

Reactions: Angrrus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad