Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Pens 0 - After the Meat Sweats Subside, It's the Hangover I Must Contend With

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just a total failure from top to bottom.

There was a key moment post Marino injury where they had to figure out their best 6+pairings and they've hit almost every wrong thing you should do with it.
They also had to decide to go out and get a depth defender or not and didn't. Thats cost 'em.

I would've liked to have seen Lafferty play a game out west but just another added bonus with the Kahun deal.
It not only took out Kahun but Sam too.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
1. Once more Sid plays 2-3 minutes more than Malkin. Dominates the critical starts and takes Malkin’s spot on the PP. There was a clear #1 for two months without Crosby, and that player has yet to return since Sid got back. Sullivan is a Crosby guy, not a Malkin guy, and that won’t ever change. This year, it means the Pens won’t make it past round 1.

2. Tanev is wasted on the third line. The third line has no identity. There is no reason to keep them together. They hemorrhage high danger chances and goals against playing the top lines so what purpose do they serve. Put Tanev in the top 6.

3. Never play Trotman again. Riikola should stay in.

4. Pick a goalie.

5. Stop playing Letang and JJ.

We have injuries but Sullivan is the number one reason we lost our way. His ego has grown to the point he hurts the team. His favoritism is toxic. This team is 2018-19 since Crosby got back, and that is heartbreaking after the guts we saw early.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Let’s go to California

giphy.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Is this the worst game of all time? The answer is yes.

That 5OT playoff loss to the Flyers really f***ing sucked, man

Like...I mean, the team wasn't amazing, but I think, if they won that game, they could have rode some momentum

Reactions: BillPrep
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Just a total failure from top to bottom.

There was a key moment post Marino injury where they had to figure out their best 6+pairings and they've hit almost every wrong thing you should do with it.
They also had to decide to go out and get a depth defender or not and didn't. Thats cost 'em.

I would've liked to have seen Lafferty play a game out west but just another added bonus with the Kahun deal.
It not only took out Kahun but Sam too.

That trade was a disaster on so many fronts. They should have looked for some depth on D, instead they made what was...at best a lateral move.

Last edited:

Love the Penguins

Jun 3, 2017
Is it merely coincidence that the Penguins stopped playing hungry, disciplined hockey that was reminiscent of the '16 team when Sid came back? I remember reading jokes about whether Sid would "buy in" when he came back, but it almost seems like he hasn't. Maybe he needs a lot more recovery time from his surgery, or is it possible he wants Sullivan gone and his play reflects that?

Just throwing it out there, while acknowledging Sid is an all-time great and remains indisputably "the franchise." There just seems to be a stark dividing line between how the team played when he was out and what it's rapidly devolved into since he came back, because I refuse to believe so much depends on the return of a rookie defenseman and Dumolin (who's been out since November).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Remember when we were fretting over the loss to the Kings on Wednesday night? Who would have thought that would be the highlight of this road trip.

Reactions: Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Is it merely coincidence that the Penguins stopped playing hungry, disciplined hockey that was reminiscent of the '16 team when Sid came back? I remember reading jokes about whether Sid would "buy in" when he came back, but it almost seems like he hasn't. Maybe he needs a lot more recovery time from his surgery, or is it possible he wants Sullivan gone and his play reflects that?

Just throwing it out there, while acknowledging Sid is an all-time great and remains indisputably "the franchise." There just seems to be a stark dividing line between how the team played when he was out and what it's rapidly devolved into since he came back, because I refuse to believe so much depends on the return of a rookie defenseman and Dumolin.
When Malkin was out the team played the same way...so......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino