Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Pens 0 - After the Meat Sweats Subside, It's the Hangover I Must Contend With

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I’d throw this up next game......

Zucker-Crosby-Simon
It’s been the better of Sid’s line since returning.

Marleau-Malkin-Rust
Patrick has the skills/smarts and a lot of speed on the line.

Sheary-Blueger-Hornqvist
Sheary always been good with Horny and the reason I didn’t put McCann is I believe these two wingers need a smarter pivot to be successful. Horny should help Blue’s face offs to some degree.

Tanev-McCann-Rodrigues
This a fast energy line that should be able to hold its own.
thats the same line up from last night swap Sheary and Simon, which won't be possible since Simon is probably done for the season...:help:

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
In our last 20 games Rust has 7 goals and 14 points.

Bleuger has 8 points in the last 20.

Hornqvist has 14 points as well.

The issue here is Tanev was paid to be a top nine forward and is producing like a AHL call up over a 20 game period. Which was the main worry about that contract.
playing with Blueger & ZAR for a ton of that time ! but don't let that get in your way of beating your chest

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Meh. I think we are seeing Jarry fall back to earth just like Desmith. I don’t see a reason not to stick with one or the other, but I imagine Murray gets the majority of starts here on out.
this should be a decision to make it RIGHT NOW. Ride one of the two, no more by committee shit. I'd still go with MM, but would not be scared with TJ either

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
8 points in 20 games is the hill you want to die on?? he has been replaced as top PK Center by both Rodrigues & Marleau

32 pts is great production for what Bleuger is being thrown.

He also wasn’t given a sweet heart deal this summer to be a top nine forward over the next six years.

That being said, Tanev this year is producing at a 32 point pace. I’m just extremely scared of him trailing off which was my main concern about that deal.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
If there is anything positive spin on how we’re playing right now, I feel like we’re vallying at the right time. Just in time to ramp up going into playoffs. We’re in a funk that will end soon enough

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
32 pts is great production for what Bleuger is being thrown.

He also wasn’t given a sweet heart deal this summer to be a top nine forward over the next six years.
I know you shit your pants when he was signed & slowly was shut up & now that he has had a bad run of games you get to beat your chest about how right you are

Reactions: Big JD

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I know you shit your pants when he was signed & slowly was shut up & now that he has had a bad run of games you get to beat your chest about how right you are

I’ve admitted I was wrong about that contract. But, our downgrade in play is coinciding with Tanev’s as well. But, let’s blame Sheary and ZAR right?

Tanev is paid to be a bottom six driver. He hasn’t been doing that over the last 20. That is a huge issue.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
I’ve admitted I was wrong about that contract. But, our downgrade in play is coinciding with Tanev’s as well. But, let’s blame Sheary and ZAR right?

Tanev is paid to be a bottom six driver. He hasn’t been doing that over the last 20. That is a huge issue.
Then FFS STFU

Reactions: Big JD

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
thats the same line up from last night swap Sheary and Simon, which won't be possible since Simon is probably done for the season...:help:

Last night was:
Zucker-Crosby-Sheary
Marleau-Malkin-Rust
Simon-McCann-Hornqvist
Tanev-Blueger-Rodrigues

Mine every line is different but L2. I forgot Simon got hurt though.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
1 for 18 PP must stop...if they were clicking at say 25% that would be probably at least 3 if not four points more during this skid, not to mention momentum etc...Geno is right...they stopped supporting each other...McCann is terrible defensively, Bluegs with a significant drop since ZAR is out, Sid is bad defensively, always the last guy back, channeling his inner Geno from last year, its not coincidence that he is minus for the first time since his rookie season....especially now without Dumo and Marino they should double down on supproting and tracking back extra hard....

Sully and coaches have their hand in this too...Their refusal to at least try either Petts or Rikko with Tanger is mind boggling, everythin...eyeballing, analytics, just everything tells them that they should be separated and JJ should be given 12 -14 minutes at night...but they just won't listen, I think they hear critics and want to show everyone how they are right...This team lives and dies with Tanger getting in 55+% Corsi....or shots and chances ...we can't have Tanger in lower 40is...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You are not happy with beating a dead horse, You vaporize the thing!! Tanev will be fine he has blocked a lot of shots on the PK because of how brutal Blueger is at winning FO's he is probably really dinged up

Paying 3.5 for blocked shots is a bigger issue than having Sheary on L1.

But I guess JJ has been bad from blocking so many shots too.

So we’ve got 6.75 tied up in blocking shots.

My main point is Tanev and McCann need to produce or this team doesn’t stand a chance. Maybe Bjugstad coming in will help with that.

Zucker, Malkin, and Hornqvist are holding their weight. I’ll give Sid a pass due to injury. Marleau, Sheary and Rodrigues have been OK, but they haven’t really practiced with the squad yet. McCann and Tanev were huge parts of our early year swell and need to continue to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad