Movies: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - September 3rd, 2021

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'm really looking forward to this. I even have the release day boked off work by chance and I think I may visit a cinema for the first time since Endgame (I think?)

In the meantime I think I'll watch some Tony Leung movies I can find streaming in Canada. Or I'll just watch my 'Hard Boiled' DVD over and over again. Either way.

Sep 19, 2008
I purchased tickets tomorrow for this movie way in the back. Still plenty of seats available!

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I bought my tickets last week. At the time it looked like it was just me and maybe 2 or 3 others.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can't watch this in a theater, not only are there logistical obstacles but the nationwide theater chain doesn't currently allow to reserve tickets from their website. You have to buy them right away and I never pay for my ticket until the day I'm seeing it, if there's some unexpected illness or something else.

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
Got to see it yesterday. I very much liked it. Good origin story, some great lines, funny moments, sweet soundtrack and likely the best fighting choreography in all of MCU.

There's one mid credits scene and one post credit scene, so two in total.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Debating whether to see this in theaters or just wait 45 days for it to be available on Disney+.

Sep 19, 2008
If I do see it in a theater, it will probably be on Sunday.
That's fine. See it as soon as you can.

I had kind of subdued expectations but the RT reviews early sold me. I purchased my tickets yesterday, watched it today, and have no regrets. It was just brilliant.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Entertaining movie for sure. On par for an average marvel movie.

I really liked the cast and the fight sequences early in the movie. Visually they were stunning. The score was also great.

The movie lost me in the third act...which drug on too long and got too out there for me. I guess I was hoping for a more grounded story consistent with the was the 10 rings were set up early in the MCU. Shang Chi taking on his dad bc he was head of a terrorist organization wouldve interested me more.

A cool idea for a sequel would be a Xialing led 10 rings killing Colleen after her and Iron Fist try to stop one of their attacks (or a rebooted fist). Iron Fist then seeks revenge and Shang-Chi has to go after him to protect his sister while hes also trying to stop her. A dark revenge story with incredible fight sequences between fist n chi. Id prefer something like that over magic and dragons...but thats just me lol.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Going to see it tonight. I know nothing about this character, just like when I saw Ant Man, and it was a pleasant surprise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad