Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Saka is better for a defensive workrate. The Danes do attack a lot on the wing so it makes sense to start him. But it also suggests that they'll be using the usual negative Southgate tactics rather than forcing the Danes to defend which I think is wrong. Denmark's fullbacks can be exposed I think and having Sancho on the wing could've done that. He started getting more into the last game as it went along.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I don't think anyone could deny England has the by far better team on paper. Denmark's hope is that you don't need to be better as a sum of players over the course of a season or career in order to be better as a team on one given day in one 90 or 120 minute match. The best collection of players doesn't always win.

Same applies to this England team though. With the exception of Kane, man for man our team from the noughties was better than this team.

Yet that team never got past the quarter finals, and this team has made back to back semis and it's because they're a *team*, not a collection of talented individuals.

So yeah, England will be favourites, but Denmark are no pushover.

Reactions: gary69

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
You take Pickford over Schmeichel? Give me some of what you are smoking!
Schmeichel>>Pickford

They are closer than you might think. Both play for top-7/8 sides in England; that's their level and hence why they won't get picked up by bigger clubs. Pickford has a worse reputation because of his comedic 'gaffes' but Schmeichel is also somewhat of a hothead in goal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They are closer than you might think. Both play for top-7/8 sides in England; that's their level and hence why they won't get picked up by bigger clubs. Pickford has a worse reputation because of his comedic 'gaffes' but Schmeichel is also somewhat of a hothead in goal.
No Pickford has a worse reputation because he's a worse goalie in every aspect.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
The Premier League goalie that Harry Kane has the most goals against?

Kasper Schmeichel, 17 goals against.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I’m yet to see anyone outside of our shit media (and Rio Ferdinand) overly confident about England winning.

most are concerned about Denmark’s midfield because it doesn’t seem like we were going to change system to the one used against Germany.

that’s pretty confirmed with the line up released.

Hopefully from an English point of view he’s got the tactics right again and I’ll be eating crow based on my comments earlier in the tournament.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Denmark is a very fast team and have been punishing other teams on the break all tournament. I expect England to sit 7 players behind the ball like they have done all tournament though.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Meanwhile in the most Roy Keane moment ever, he's just admitted on national TV to going to a Neil Diamond concert and getting into an argument with the woman sat next to him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad