Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Brathwaite moves so well but has no finishing touch, nor does he have an overview. He does create space but I want a bit more from a striker.
Braithwaite is all stamina, he fights like a motherf***er, and sometimes, against lesser teams that is fine.

But he has no football IQ, and always looks for the shot and not pass, even tho he has no finishing ability.

He is frustrating as f***.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Here is an idea. Keep the ball away from English posession.

We could also switch it around though. How will England survive those endless waves of direct offensive football that have been the trademark for this Danish team the entire tournament?

Its not like you did it all tournament. You were able to do it against a weak Ukraine but didnt in the rest of the games. 0-0 against Scotland is not exatcly the offensive football you are talking about. Is that because of the lack of talent on the english team?
SEPH supports Poland tho

Reactions: S E P H

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm not saying the Danes have better attackers than the Germans but let's be honest, their attack is much better organized and more potent. They've generated a lot of chances in every game they've played including against Belgium.

If England want to be pragmatic and invite the Danes to attack then I don't think it will go very well for them. I think the Danish two-man central midfield is capable of being overrun and their fullbacks are more attacking than defensive. I think England need to play like pre-Southgate England at least until they've gotten a goal.

I agree here.

England is a "better" side but Denmark will be the toughest group they've faced so far. They also play a style that's perhaps not so conducive to Southgates..umm..."patient" approach.

Denmark's aggressiveness and pressing might cause problems. They're certainly willing to trade chances offensively, which Southgate has seemed to want to minimize. Agreed that if Denmark scores first, it'll be interesting to see how Southgate changes tactics.

Reactions: Rob and al secord

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean England is the clearly more talented team. But Denmark is well coached and a very organized team that can cause problems for any team. Should be a good game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here is an idea. Keep the ball away from English posession.

We could also switch it around though. How will England survive those endless waves of direct offensive football that have been the trademark for this Danish team the entire tournament?

Its not like you did it all tournament. You were able to do it against a weak Ukraine but didnt in the rest of the games. 0-0 against Scotland is not exatcly the offensive football you are talking about. Is that because of the lack of talent on the english team?
Mate I don't give a shit if England loses, but you as a Dane have to respect that they're clearly a superior team in terms of talent and Southgate got away from the rubbish 3-4-3 and went to a 4-2-3-1 which fits them absolutely perfect. I am cheering for you lot to win, but I am expecting Stonehenge to win this match.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Mate I don't give a shit if England loses, but you as a Dane have to respect that they're clearly a superior team in terms of talent and Southgate got away from the rubbish 3-4-3 and went to a 4-2-3-1 which fits them absolutely perfect. I am cheering for you lot to win, but I am expecting Stonehenge to win this match.
Player by player England are the superior team for sure.

But, the absolute inability by English pundits and journos to objectively rate players from smaller countries, and players that do not play in the PL or huge clubs is sometimes laughable.

The same goes for ranking their own players - I have often thought that English pundits and Journos are bloody clueless, and sometimes downright disrespectful.

I think alot of Danes are tired hearing they are only here because they are on an emotional high, when
they are a good side, and it was not a shock to see them in a QF, the English and US pundits have been especially bad at this.

This article is just facepalm worthy.
Ranking every single Euro 2020 semi-finalist from 'bench warmer' to 'best of the best'

Very generous to English players, while he makes it sound like the Danish players are f***ing muggs.

With all that said, I fully expect the English to win this for more reasons than them being better player by player.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I am merely using the same retoric as England fans. If that pisses you off, my goal has been achieved. I write like this to show how arrogant I find most England fans when it comes to what they think of their team and it annoys me like crazy that they cant at least aknowledge that there is a team on the other side they have to defeat before thinking about the final.

Schmeichel seems to agree with me.

Its like watching the Toronto boards pre season every year.

member 305909

I don't really understand this talk about 55 years of hurt. 51 years more likely when they were knocked out in 1970 and since then fell fast.

After all, what was so hurtful about being the reigning champions in 1966-1970?

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
I read that all the previous games at wembley for England-Denmark all had just one goal scored. I could imagine the same today
Really looking forward to the tactical battle

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Love Kasper but he sounds like a true Brit

That's because he basically is. Moved to England when he was 3 and has lived here for his entire life apart from like a year when his dad was in Portugal.

So everyone stroking themselves off over his comment...lol. Thats the mildest form of banter in this country. A wry smile and you move on.

Reactions: East Coast Bias
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad