OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
It’s going to change to rain, but we could see a couple inches of snow, and maybe some ice, before that. Early afternoon. Cold air has a nasty propensity to hang around, which scares me for rush hour since the changeover to rain could be at some point around there. Hopefully it goes to rain before the afternoon rush

Drive safe!

Reactions: danteipp

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I haven’t been outside since precipitation started, but from what I’ve heard there’s definitely some icy and/or slick spots.

Please drive safe if you have to drive

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
i guess this qualifies as a storm this year, solid 4-8 inches of snow for the island from later tonight into early tomorrow morning. It's a fast moving storm but when it snows i'll come down good. Will start as some light rain soon, but transition to snow later this evening as precip rates tick up. Heaviest snow from 10pm to 3am, could be some mixing in of rain on the south shore and east end, but not before several inches have fallen. If everything goes perfect some spots might see 10 inches on the north shore. Going to be a heavy wet snow...be careful shoveling....I definitely could use a snow day after this abomination of a hockey game.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
i guess this qualifies as a storm this year, solid 4-8 inches of snow for the island from later tonight into early tomorrow morning. It's a fast moving storm but when it snows i'll come down good. Will start as some light rain soon, but transition to snow later this evening as precip rates tick up. Heaviest snow from 10pm to 3am, could be some mixing in of rain on the south shore and east end, but not before several inches have fallen. If everything goes perfect some spots might see 10 inches on the north shore. Going to be a heavy wet snow...be careful shoveling....I definitely could use a snow day after this abomination of a hockey game.

1010 wins said bout 1-4" in Suffolk...something change recently?

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
1010 wins said bout 1-4" in Suffolk...something change recently?

east end/south shore should get less, but most computer models put at least 3" on the island maybe except for the twin forks....official NWS forecast for Riverhead is 5-9" so i'm dubious of 1-4

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Got a free Snow Day yesterday. Was zero reason to close NYC but I'll take it!

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
yeah forecast busted for long island and NYC for sure. all that heavy sleet we got was supposed to be snow. Shit happens. I enjoyed my day off regardless...

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
yeah forecast busted for long island and NYC for sure. all that heavy sleet we got was supposed to be snow. **** happens. I enjoyed my day off regardless...
I def had 6 or so inches on my deck when I woke up at 3 am. Problem was it was raining and got compacted down a good bit.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I def had 6 or so inches on my deck when I woke up at 3 am. Problem was it was raining and got compacted down a good bit.
I'm in Westchester....I think we had a good six inches as well. Not sure if it rained but it was real heavy snow. The kind that is a real bitch to shovel. Made me reconsider - for the umpteenth time - moving out of the city.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
WCBS reported Bayside got 7 inches of snow. I don’t know where they got that number from. I live in Bayside and we didn’t get more that 3 inches

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
WCBS reported Bayside got 7 inches of snow. I don’t know where they got that number from. I live in Bayside and we didn’t get more that 3 inches

Don Cherry reported 17K people. I don’t know he got that number from. We can’t get more that 14K people in that building. :sarcasm:

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad