OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
The Euro puts a foot of snow on LI Next weekend, with a low spinning off the delmarva coast. Just having some fun today :)

Btw, theres no scenario that sees this go out to sea IMHO. Its either a rain or snow event next weekend. It depends where the low tracks and if it bombs again. Also depends how much cold air is pulled south. Early indications are that the cold air will reach LI in time for the second nor easter.

Hey, maybe the weather guys in here should hold a podcast?

i dont mean to be THAT guy, but what are you even talking about with this NO scenario where it goes out to sea nonsense?....there are a million scenarios. this system would require phasing of the northern and southern streams..and this far out you cant imagine a scenario where it develops out to sea? timing has to be just right for the streams to develop and with the noticeable dearth of cold air...it would take a perfect track to give us a storm. im not saying its impossible, but this far out you cant act like you are certain of something that isnt remotely close to coming to pass....

I ask you this in all sincerity...are you a meteorologist?

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
I mean, at this point, youd hope people would think you were being serious lol nope, not kidding at all
Should I have taken your prediction you made about sleet and rain for LI seriously also?
I stand by that it will not be an all snow event at this point. 4-8 with sleet on most parts of LI, rain eastern LI. Heaviest snow central-southern NJ and delmarva.l

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
i dont mean to be THAT guy, but what are you even talking about with this NO scenario where it goes out to sea nonsense?....there are a million scenarios. this system would require phasing of the northern and southern streams..and this far out you cant imagine a scenario where it develops out to sea? timing has to be just right for the streams to develop and with the noticeable dearth of cold air...it would take a perfect track to give us a storm. im not saying its impossible, but this far out you cant act like you are certain of something that isnt remotely close to coming to pass....

Because the only way the storm would go out to sea would be that the high wouldnt retreat into the canadian maritimes. If the high stayed below the canadian maritimes, it would indicate it was too powerful to be pulled, thus blocking the low from coming up the coast. As upton stated above, that is not expected to happen, therefore giving us the first ingredient for a snowstorm.

Now you look at the two systems. The location and timing off these systems now gives you the steering pattern for the low coming up the coast. If the low makes it north before the high pressure is pulled north, then the storm could stall, etc.

Id say im pretty good with the meteoroly part, yes, but a lot of it is just analazing things and coming up with my own idea on what will happen.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Why is the title restricted to just severe weather?

#AllWeatherMatters

:sarcasm:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Because the only way the storm would go out to sea would be that the high wouldnt retreat into the canadian maritimes. If the high stayed below the canadian maritimes, it would indicate it was too powerful to be pulled, thus blocking the low from coming up the coast. As upton stated above, that is not expected to happen, therefore giving us the first ingredient for a snowstorm.

Now you look at the two systems. The location and timing off these systems now gives you the steering pattern for the low coming up the coast. If the low makes it north before the high pressure is pulled north, then the storm could stall, etc.

Id say im pretty good with the meteoroly part, yes, but a lot of it is just analazing things and coming up with my own idea on what will happen.

ahh. so thats a no to being a meteorologist. not sure why you wont just say it. its not an indictment.

as for your forecast, you are missing some ingredients. last storm was a Miller Type A storm, so we knew there would be a storm....this setup is a Miller Type B storm, which is much more complicated than just the position of the High, trust me. With that, i'm all weathered out.....i'll be back if there is a storm hopefully, not for a long while...

crasherino

May 9, 2013

What makes a meterorologist? If yelling the first and loudest is a core qualification, he's well on his way.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
What's the story next week? Some people say potential for another storm, but I see temps in the 40's.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Am getting more concerned about tonight, looks like everything may be a bit further west than earlier anticipated... Starts as rain but probably goes to snow late tonight. Haven't looked closely enough to check for accumulations, but will do that later

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
dont sleep on tonight...POSSIBLE we wake up with a few inches of snow on the ground and looks like it lasts through at least the morning hours...could be a mess.

depends on the exact track of the storm, it's strength and the arrival of the cold air...all will be happening simultaneously and just a hiccup of a few hours here or there will tell the tale. having said that, models are trending wetter...ie, more precipitation...would be a heavy wet snow too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->