OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbislander

Sep 21, 2015
Sunday / Monday could be a sneaky lil event for some , just sayin

Says who? Who are the some that will get hit by this "event?" Also, why do you keep saying, "just sayin'," as if you have some secret model that no one knows about and this somehow makes you the top forecaster? Like crasherino said, up your game.

Reactions: Costigan77

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
If you’re trying to get yourself into the inner circle of Islander HF Board Meteorologists, you need to use much bigger words, post some pictures -in color - that look vaguely like waves and have numbers strewn about and tell people to be safe out there.

Basically, your game needs upping. Just sayin.
i know cbg from a jets board. trust me, he's only dipping his toe in the pool at this point...he's got a lot more in the tank. cbg is good people, but i hate him during the winter.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Sunday / Monday could be a sneaky lil event for some , just sayin

Dude provide specific. Many of us rely on this, and the gentlemen that provide their expertise are usually on point and provide their reasoning.

I will say that they (I think teamkidd was the most vocal) provided their thoughts on Sandy...and were correct.

So yeah...I'll say it wont be.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
If you’re trying to get yourself into the inner circle of Islander HF Board Meteorologists, you need to use much bigger words, post some pictures -in color - that look vaguely like waves and have numbers strewn about and tell people to be safe out there.

Basically, your game needs upping. Just sayin.
Weather has always been a hobby that I have enjoyed for a while now and I actually have been told that I sometimes am pretty good at seeing what the models are trying to show. That said, like anyone else I have read the models wrong or blown it with the best of them. As far as upping my game or impressing anyone with big words ? Nah thats ok ,its not even necessary most of the time so if its ok with you I will just post on here from time to time and if theres a need to use a big word or if you personally would like to see a clown map just let me know and I will try and post one for you. I have to admit I am a little bummed out that I did not come across this thread a few months ago. All this said nice to meet you Crasherino and the other fellas and ladies.

Reactions: PWJunior

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
i know cbg from a jets board. trust me, he's only dipping his toe in the pool at this point...he's got a lot more in the tank. cbg is good people, but i hate him during the winter.
Thanks Donger, I literally just saw your post and its appreciated that said I did not post here to make waves or impress anyone and yes you would know that , all that I was doing was adding my 2 cents to a weather thread.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Thanks Donger, I literally just saw your post and its appreciated that said I did not post here to make waves or impress anyone and yes you would know that , all that I was doing was adding my 2 cents to a weather thread.
Its a message board. We're just having some fun. Don't take it personally.

But you're gonna have to come strong if you're going to compete with our resident weather people here....See TeamKidd below:

ET3.png

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

But you're gonna have to come strong if you're going to compete with our resident weather people here....See TeamKidd below:

ET3.png

I see Lonnie officially has come out of the closet

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I forgot Noreaster96 - my bust:

hqdefault.jpg
I’ve never looked so good lol

With regards to Sunday, I could definitely see a brief burst of snow/sleet at the onset around midnight Saturday night. Surface temperatures are marginal, but it’s a very dry airmass in place so we’ll definitely get some cooling as precipitation moves in

Problem is the high isn’t anchored in a good spot to keep the cold air in place. Even during this time of year when water temps are at their coldest, the ocean certainly ain’t frozen.

Also, we’re going to have a strong push of warm air above the surface, which models tend to underdo. To this end, at most we see brief snow/sleet to rain is my thoughts for Sunday attm, but most people just see rain unless you’re out late Sat night

CBG

Jan 7, 2018

ET3.png
Crasherino , I get it and yes this is all in fun. Let me just clear something up I am not on this message board or any other message board to " bring it " or compete with you, TeamKidd or anyone else, Im just here and wherever else to contribute ( if possible ) and just post my thoughts on the topics and in this case it happens to be weather or hockey. That said that weather chick is way better looking than myself but Im partial to brunettes just sayin

Reactions: TeamKidd

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Crasherino , I get it and yes this is all in fun. Let me just clear something up I am not on this message board or any other message board to " bring it " or compete with you, TeamKidd or anyone else, Im just here and wherever else to contribute ( if possible ) and just post my thoughts on the topics and in this case it happens to be weather or hockey. That said that weather chick is way better looking than myself but Im partial to brunettes just sayin

everyone is welcome to come share their insights and views here no worries CBG, think he was just trying to have some fun with ya...the only thing i bring to this party is a thermometer lol.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
everyone is welcome to come share their insights and views here no worries CBG, think he was just trying to have some fun with ya...the only thing i bring to this party is a thermometer lol.
Thanks Kidd,,,just wish I had found this thread months ago. In other news Isles up 2 -1 just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad