OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Best part of Brooklyn living is never shoveling again.

Bad part is walking through all the snow to the subway...

Reactions: nycole

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Geez, another one? **** this weather.
I think Sunday storm threat is largely dead at this point, storm is gonna be put through the meat grinder south of us and weaken before hitting the ocean and staying WELL s/e of us.

That being said, there is a potent piece of energy diving out of Quebec overnight Sat until Sunday... wouldn't surprise me to see some decent snow shower activity with that which could bring sneaky light accumulations... best chance may be over New England at this point, but is worth monitoring nonetheless

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
we had like 15" i'd say, about 1/3 of that now after march sun did it's thing.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Just a heads up, Monday morning commute could be messy... decent chance of a 2-4 inch snowfall beginning last Sunday night and lasting into the late morning/early afternoon

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I
Just a heads up, Monday morning commute could be messy... decent chance of a 2-4 inch snowfall beginning last Sunday night and lasting into the late morning/early afternoon
It snowed at the Yankees home opener in 1996 so this is totally welcome news.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
DmVXHStXsAEcukr.jpg:large

Looks like there's a decent chance for Florence to affect residents along a good portion of the East Coast.

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
It's time to take this thread down.

No one here has a degree in meteorology and to instill fear of what might or might not happen is simply irresponsible.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007

No one here has a degree in meteorology and to instill fear of what might or might not happen is simply irresponsible.
lol, uh, you do realize there are at least 2 people in this thread that do this for a living right?
Thanks...I'm a meteorologist I get my info from several sources, the two best are weather.gov and @crankywxguy . weather.gov is the National Weather Service website, it has all the warnings and watches all up to date and @crankywxguy has the time to collect and synthesize a lot of the data I just dont have time to do myself anymore with another full time job...

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

Actually people on this thread with Sandy and numerous winter storms have been more consistent than Lonnie or any other TV dudes.

Mommy will let you lay in her bed if the thunder gets too loud. No worries

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It's useful. Many of the posters here are actually knowledgeable and I actually appreciate their posts. I haven't seen many of the Chicken Little posts you're talking about. Sometimes they actually do the opposite.

For those reasons, it'll stay open.

Last edited:

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
This thread is fantastic when it comes to severe threats. I can clearly remember a few winters ago when I went to bed being told by News12 that a maximum of 6 inches of snow would fall. Not on this page, where it was a prediction of 18-24 inches. News 12 wasn't even in the same stratosphere.

Reactions: PWJunior

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Thanks for the love guys. It's too early to tell on Florence, need a few more days to see how the storm interacts with an advancing high pressure to maybe steer it closer to the US...still almost 2 weeks out from a potential impact, but yes it is possible. i wouldnt call it likely or probable even at this point tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad