Seth Rollins injured at house show - out 6-9 months

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There's something funny about the fact that Kane has been the guy feuding with champions in recent years and those champions getting hurt long term while in an awful program. lol

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rock vs Brock

Cena vs HHH (Power on the line)

Ambrose vs Reigns

Sting vs Taker

Throw in a couple NXT up comers (Balor, Joe), Wyatt, Owens, Jericho, Cesaro and decent tag teams, Mania might survive.

I think Triple H is going to get his Rock match now that Rollins is out.

Reigns/Brock II
Rock/HHH
Cena/Taker

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Would think this should be an opportunity for Wyatt, but if the plan is to feed him to old man taker then i guess not

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The things that happen when I don't pay attention to WWE these days..

Brock/Reigns II is all but a lock to me for WM now.

I'll state that it's Ambrose vs Reigns in the tournament. Reigns wins and faces Sheamus in the final.

Reigns, along with Jose Lothario, ACHIEVES HIS BOYHOOD DREAM by beating Sheamus in the final. Only to have Ambrose attack him in jealousy after the match. Sheamus cashes in MITB and we have our wiener.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I think Triple H is going to get his Rock match now that Rollins is out.

Reigns/Brock II
Rock/HHH
Cena/Taker

With Taker's streak gone, I see no point in a Cena vs Taker match unless Takers career is on the line and Cena wins it dirty then turns heel.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With Taker's streak gone, I see no point in a Cena vs Taker match unless Takers career is on the line and Cena wins it dirty then turns heel.

I think it'll happen just because it'd be a safe match and Cena/Taker haven't had a one-on-one match in 11 years (almost 12 years by WM32).

That, or Taker/Kane will team up, possibly with Sting, in a six-man tag against The Wyatts (minus Wyatt).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The pop will be huge depending on how they have him return...

revisit The Wyatts vs. Ambrose/Reigns storyline in the summer and have Seth make a surprise return to reform The Shield.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see how the PPV doesn't end with... Reigns wins and Sheamus cashes in. It creates the feud for the WHC and creates the title chase of a babyface.

I'll guess Reigns wins and SHeamus cashes in. New face of The Authority. New main event = Sheamus vs. Reigns. YIKES.

edit: I hope we get some long qualifying matches on Raw. That'd be cool.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The pop will be huge depending on how they have him return...

revisit The Wyatts vs. Ambrose/Reigns storyline in the summer and have Seth make a surprise return to reform The Shield.

Rollins missing 9 months to return and reform the Shield in the same show? Loudest pop in years.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Sheamus vs Reigns is now set in stone imo.

The question will be when do they pull the trigger. Something tells me it could be as early as monday.

Or if they're desperate, they could look around and see which big names aren't doing anything at the moment. Jeff Hardy's cleaned up his act a lot since having a child. Give him a ring?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Please be Brock. He doesn't need to show up till the night of SS. It only adds one more date he can disappear until RR again after he wins the title.

They could give someone new and fresh the title. Ambrose, Cesaro, Neville. Anyone not named Cena or Shamus. a DB come back would be nice. an Ambrose vs Reigns feud could be good as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He will. He'll come back and talk about how the injury humbled him etc...

By then, I'd hope The Authority has a new "golden boy" (I'd guess Sheamus) and Rollins says sitting on the sidelines made him realize HHH's true intentions all along and whatnot. Eventually, Rollins vs. HHH happens.

I don't see how the PPV doesn't end with... Reigns wins and Sheamus cashes in. It creates the feud for the WHC and creates the title chase of a babyface.

I'll guess Reigns wins and SHeamus cashes in. New face of The Authority. New main event = Sheamus vs. Reigns. YIKES.

edit: I hope we get some long qualifying matches on Raw. That'd be cool.

If anything, this may also delay Sheamus's cash-in until Rollins is closer to a return... so, Spring 2016. Meltzer speculated that Vince is surely getting Lesnar or Cena on the phone, so, I'd assume Lesnar comes back to do extra dates and wins the title back.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Reigns/Brock II?

That'd be horrible, but I fully expect the WWE to continue trying time make Reigns what many fans aren't interested in him being.

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
House shows aren't even acknowledged for 99% of their programming unless something like this happens.

I wonder if they'll do Deadly Games style tournament even though that was a real cluster that year. I also wonder what Reigns' and Sheamus' involvement will be due to their status as #1 contender and Briefcase holder. I would assume Reigns is in and Sheamus is out just because you would make it obvious that Sheamus is going to lose at some point so why bother?

There's only two ways they can make this work to their advantage. DB returns (whether he wins or not is irrelevant here) or the finals is Reigns-Ambrose and you either do a heel turn or you start a slow burn. A slow burn will be tough here because there aren't any heels for a new title winner to go against for the next little while but the best option is still Reigns to go heel on Ambrose and win the title with Authority help.

That didn't stop them from putting Seth Rollins in the title match at Royal Rumble when he had the briefcase.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
They need a new top heel who can deliver on the microphone weekly.

Makes so much sense for Wyatt to take this and run with it. He'd be a mega heel after what he just did to Kane and Taker, and giving him that much power makes him hard not to hate.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
f4be70c301c562a839fef22098173431bc035d66_hq.jpg

I'm fully expecting either him or both Cena and Lesnar at Survivor Series for the tournament. No doubt in my mind they're hitting the panic button with their fall back option on the shelf(Orton).

It's WWE chance to finally do something new. But somehow, someway it will be Sheamus.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My guess is that Reigns wins the Tournament and then is revealed to be a new member of The Authority. This keeps the belt on a heel and allows Rollins to make his return as a face.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I would eventually like to see Wyatt in the title picture. I think he's been around too long not to be, but given he has a program with Taker right now I think he can get a great rub from that.

I would like to see a tournament at Survivor series. Perhaps start it on Raw (so we don't have a guy wrestling 3 times in the same night) and set it up as follows:

Roman Reigns
Alberto del Rio

John Cena
Sheamus

Dean Ambrose
Ryback

Daniel Bryan
Cesaro

Have Reigns, Sheamus, Ambrose, and Bryan all go over on Raw. Then have Reigns defeat Sheamus, and Bryan (or Ambrose) win at Survivor series. Setting up Reigns against either one (D-Bry probably makes most sense). During the main event have the Authority screw Bryan, giving Reigns the win and the heel turn. He becomes the Authority's new guy, fans are already booing him so he'll continue to get heat, and now you have programs set up naturally with Bryan and with Ambrose. Cena can go back to his time off, and you don't need to bring in Lesnar and either job him out or add more dates to his schedule by giving him the strap. You also preserve the Wyatt vs Brothers of Destruction feud.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That didn't stop them from putting Seth Rollins in the title match at Royal Rumble when he had the briefcase.

No it didn't but Rollins in that match made more sense than Sheamus in this tournament. There's no story purpose for Sheamus to be in this. There was a good reason for Seth to be there. He was given a shot for bringing the Authority back.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Authority should say they are all about creating opportunity and every entrant in the tournament will be someone who has never had the title before.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
No it didn't but Rollins in that match made more sense than Sheamus in this tournament. There's no story purpose for Sheamus to be in this. There was a good reason for Seth to be there. He was given a shot for bringing the Authority back.

What happens if Sheamus cashes his briefcase in on a vacated title? I could see this happening on Monday and he's just given the title and faces Reigns at SS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad