Seth Rollins injured at house show - out 6-9 months

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well guess who's returning at SS as a surprise.. i'll give you a hint, you can't usually see him.

Edit: I wonder how long Seth would have held onto the title if he didn't get injured, would he had made it to Mania?

Edit 2: A really awesome surprise would be Lesnar showing up and dominating people and getting the title back

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No Shield match at Wrestlemania either, which, as I've said and I'm about the only one, I was against happening to begin with.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
This is interesting though. I don't think they're gonna put it on Sheamus because of the briefcase, not Wyatt as he's in a feud, and not Reigns yet because they'll probably have Ambrose screw him over still and they probably want to save it for Wrestlemania or something (-gag-). Lesnar, Orton, and Cena are all out so who does that really leave?

-cue Rusev entrance music- ;)

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
No Shield match at Wrestlemania either, which, as I've said and I'm about the only one, I was against happening to begin with.

With all the crazy crossfit **** rollins does i would not be one bit surprised that he heals just a wee bit early and is back in time for mania.

S A W F T*

This is interesting though. I don't think they're gonna put it on Sheamus because of the briefcase, not Wyatt as he's in a feud, and not Reigns yet because they'll probably have Ambrose screw him over still and they probably want to save it for Wrestlemania or something (-gag-). Lesnar, Orton, and Cena are all out so who does that really leave?

"CAW!"

:sarcasm:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Oh. Well. I can probably just read results and lurk around here for 6-9 months.

Here's hoping the fact Rollins is in fact, Crossfit Jesus, leads to an early return.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Listening to Observer Live, Meltzer on saying no doubt they are on the phones with Brock and Cena. Says 6 months would be stunning, think it would take 8 months.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
It sucks for Rollins but this is the perfect chance to showcase someone new as champ. Rollins is injured, Orton is injured and Cena is taking time off (hopefully it stays that way). Guys like Reigns, Ambrose, Cesaro, Owens, Ryback, Ziggler, Neville, Sheamus and even Stardust. Should be interesting.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I really hope it's someone out of left-field even if I'm not a fan of them (excluding Del Rio, he would be out of left-field but please no).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I had a torn meniscus and walked on it for three years until it became unbearable; I can't even imagine a torn MCL, ACL and meniscus all at once.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Funny though that this could be a blessing in disguise for the WWE. They may actually get a bump in ratings on the next RAW as people tune in to see what they're going to do and who's going to be in the tournament.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Extremely sad. Seth has been a work horse while given the WORST booking as a long-term champ. Just depressing news.

On the bright side, this will force WWE's hand and they are in deep crap to put together deep cards and good matches. We can safely say WWE is going to be desperate soon.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Funny though that this could be a blessing in disguise for the WWE. They may actually get a bump in ratings on the next RAW as people tune in to see what they're going to do and who's going to be in the tournament.

Losing your top heel, world champion and best ring worker for 6-9 months is not a blessing of any kind.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I thought Kane's soul was devoured by the Wyatts? How much do they (WWE) care about TV when they have live events?

Sad news for Rollins :( get well soon!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

It won't. It's still a taped show. People will read the spoilers and see if it's worth tuning in for.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
That...****ING...SUCKS!!!!

Oh my god, I can't believe it... Huge blow.

Return of the deadly games I guess.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rollins, Orton, Cena, Rusev, Bryan all out of action.

Triple H's potential WM opponent is now gonna miss the show, so you have to wonder how WM plans work out now, too... Brock/Roman II and Rock/HHH...

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Rollins, Orton, Cena, Rusev, Bryan all out of action.

Triple H's potential WM opponent is now gonna miss the show, so you have to wonder how WM plans work out now, too... Brock/Roman II and Rock/HHH...

Rock vs Brock

Cena vs HHH (Power on the line)

Ambrose vs Reigns

Sting vs Taker

Throw in a couple NXT up comers (Balor, Joe), Wyatt, Owens, Jericho, Cesaro and decent tag teams, Mania might survive.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I thought Kane's soul was devoured by the Wyatts? How much do they (WWE) care about TV when they have live events?

Sad news for Rollins :( get well soon!

House shows aren't even acknowledged for 99% of their programming unless something like this happens.

I wonder if they'll do Deadly Games style tournament even though that was a real cluster that year. I also wonder what Reigns' and Sheamus' involvement will be due to their status as #1 contender and Briefcase holder. I would assume Reigns is in and Sheamus is out just because you would make it obvious that Sheamus is going to lose at some point so why bother?

There's only two ways they can make this work to their advantage. DB returns (whether he wins or not is irrelevant here) or the finals is Reigns-Ambrose and you either do a heel turn or you start a slow burn. A slow burn will be tough here because there aren't any heels for a new title winner to go against for the next little while but the best option is still Reigns to go heel on Ambrose and win the title with Authority help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad