Proposal: Seth Jones for M. Marner

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We're all arguing with a poster who's HF account is barley a month old and at least half their total posts are arguing ridiculously indefensible points of view in this thread. I'd bet money that this is someone's second account used to just "stir the pot" so to speak

@Viqsi is probably bored and decided to make a second account to argue with. ;)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You've spent far too much time stat watching if you believe Carlson, Karlsson, Burns are better than Jones.
Not just about stats but about intangibles. Hedman Carlson burns doughty alex Piet chabot all have more value than jones.....those types would fetch a 22 year old 100 point winger ..even that is far fetched . You guys think jones is going to win the norris or something. He wouldnt even be best D man on Toronto.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not just about stats but about intangibles. Hedman Carlson burns doughty alex Piet chabot all have more value than jones.....those types would fetch a 22 year old 100 point winger ..even that is far fetched . You guys think jones is going to win the norris or something. He wouldnt even be best D man on Toronto.

When did Marner score 100 points in a season?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
There is no universe where a young kid who is primed to average 90-100 pts per year is less valuable than a player who is good for 40-50 pts, maybe 60 if you're lucky. I don't care that he's a top five d-man.

It's not a crazy deal, but CBJ is definitely adding to Jones if they want Marner, HFBoards hive mind be damned.

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
The answer to every Jones proposal is always no. Whomever, whatever, whenever, forever. Always no.

Leaf fan here, and I actually agree with this lol.

Unless it's an obvious franchise C - in which case it wouldn't make sense for the other side.

So yeah, if Jones leaves it would only be in FA I don't see him ever getting traded.

Reactions: TBF1972

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Columbus declines. They are actually AHEAD of the Leafs in the standings with a ton of cap space to acquire a forward if they wanted to.

Reactions: cslebn

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Every single thread about the Leafs F

"Marner is the best player on the Leafs and the others are over rated. Turned JT into a 47 goal scorer"

Every thread involving trading Marner

"LOL no. That contract, blah blah".

Pick a side I guess is my point.
That reminds me of those who said Auston Matthews is nothing but a player who couldn't get at least 70 points, however let's also hope Arizona signs him to a huge offer sheet if becomes an RFA.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
That reminds me of those who said Auston Matthews is nothing but a player who couldn't get at least 70 points, however let's also hope Arizona signs him to a huge offer sheet if becomes an RFA.

Yep.

"Should Arizone do 15m x 4 years??"

Leafs get less money for more term

"What an awful deal"

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
There is no universe where a young kid who is primed to average 90-100 pts per year is less valuable than a player who is good for 40-50 pts, maybe 60 if you're lucky. I don't care that he's a top five d-man.

It's not a crazy deal, but CBJ is definitely adding to Jones if they want Marner, HFBoards hive mind be damned.
So let’s say that this top 5 dman gets 60 points. You would trade him for Marner and vice versa. I’d definitely trade Marner for a top 5 D that is getting 60 points a season. I’d probably pack his bags to.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Compelty agree. Jackets would add but leafs would not make this deal. If jones was 60 to 70 points...hmmm a bit different

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
When did Marner score 100 points in a season?
Marner had 94 last year. Scoring well over a point per game pace this year. Would have made 100 if not for injury He will be a 90 to 110 point guy for the next 10 years barring no injury. Finished with more points than Tavares and matthews. And only 22.. and signed!!!!and you think leafs ship him to jackets for Jones??? Nylander yes..marner NO. Jones a great d man but it would take more to pry marner out of leaf town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad