Proposal: Seth Jones for Jack Eichel

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Bad for Sabres

If both were locked up and at their best you go with Eichel who can be in the 8th-12th best player in the league while at his best Jones is the 4th'-6th best defenseman and a non top 15 player in the league.

Jones has been underwhelming for multiple years now and is not a top 10 defenseman. Eichel was consistently improving before this injury riddled horrible tank year.

Eichel@10 for another 5 years is much more valuable than Jones for 1 more year
Jones is not the 4/6th anymore he’s not been good he had flashes this year but last two years have been pretty bad for him werenski surpassed him on his team alone

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Proposal has been previously mentioned as not appealing with Jones expiring contract. Players are close.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It's not a potshot. It's a legitimate risk for Buffalo. Eichel is signed long term, and Jones isn't.

I know. My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. It’s just funny cause with Columbus it doesn’t seem to matter if a guy is signed or not.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
There would have to be tons of add ons and picks to eaven things out either way depending on how you look at things, but I think you have a good basis for a trade in the summer?

Add Texier or Ristolainen or however, but I think this would be a win win trade for both organisations..

that would be devastation for Buffalo regardless of value.
how long has columbus looked for a pure #1 C ...and Eichel is a franchise caliber #1C ...they already have their #1 D in Dahlin

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
that would be devastation for Buffalo regardless of value.
how long has columbus looked for a pure #1 C ...and Eichel is a franchise caliber #1C ...they already have their #1 D in Dahlin

Dahlin is a bust IMHO, no other NHL player frustrates Kimmo Timonen as much as Dahlin.

Skating and hands are ther but his play is sooooo soft and blasé. Timonen keeps asking if "Dahlin actually has a heart that beats in his chest or does he actually want to play hockey at all"

If Jones would agree to extension before making the trade and adding Merzlekins maybe would make it work IMHO.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin is a bust IMHO, no other NHL player frustrates Kimmo Timonen as much as Dahlin.

Skating and hands are ther but his play is sooooo soft and blasé. Timonen keeps asking if "Dahlin actually has a heart that beats in his chest or does he actually want to play hockey at all"

If Jones would agree to extension before making the trade and adding Merzlekins maybe would make it work IMHO.
What nonsense? Dahlin looks great, almost all of his stats have improved both offensively and defensively after head coach was fired, and yes, he's gotten more physical. Your information is outdated.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
There would have to be tons of add ons and picks to eaven things out either way depending on how you look at things, but I think you have a good basis for a trade in the summer?

Add Texier or Ristolainen or however, but I think this would be a win win trade for both organisations..
Do you ever look at contracts before making proposals? Clearly you didn’t here.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If you're Columbus trading for Eichel, isn't the point to become a legit contender?

I would think they'd need Eichel AND Jones in order to accomplish that...

I just don't think Columbus has the prospects/picks to get something done around Eichel

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
A year ago you’d be right but with Buffalo turning into an absolute tire fire his value has been tanked, how many goals does Ike have this year?
Buffalo has always been bad in recent years, but Eichel has been great. What difference does it make how he played this season, if from the first game he played with an injury that simply prevented him from shooting and moving. He walked at 95 points last season and has five more years on the deal after this season.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Jones is my favorite defender in the league after Hedman but his contract doesn’t work out.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Buffalo has always been bad in recent years, but Eichel has been great. What difference does it make how he played this season, if from the first game he played with an injury that simply prevented him from shooting and moving. He walked at 95 points last season and has five more years on the deal after this season.
Right and once he comes back and proves that this season was an anomaly his value should go back up, until then his value is gonna be low

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Right and once he comes back and proves that this season was an anomaly his value should go back up, until then his value is gonna be low
Its value will not be low, he is still an elite 1C with a long-term contract, such guys are very rarely traded and Buffalo certainly does not make sense to trade him if someone thinks that its value will be low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad