Proposal: Seth Jones for Jack Eichel

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
There would have to be tons of add ons and picks to eaven things out either way depending on how you look at things, but I think you have a good basis for a trade in the summer?

Add Texier or Ristolainen or however, but I think this would be a win win trade for both organisations..

Bond

May 10, 2012
Too much risk that Jones doesn't re-sign in Buffalo I think

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
There would have to be tons of add ons and picks to eaven things out either way depending on how you look at things, but I think you have a good basis for a trade in the summer?

Add Texier or Ristolainen or however, but I think this would be a win win trade for both organisations..

On what f***ing planet?

1C>>>>>>1D

If you still had Duboisyou had a chance.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Bad for Sabres

If both were locked up and at their best you go with Eichel who can be in the 8th-12th best player in the league while at his best Jones is the 4th'-6th best defenseman and a non top 15 player in the league.

Jones has been underwhelming for multiple years now and is not a top 10 defenseman. Eichel was consistently improving before this injury riddled horrible tank year.

Eichel@10 for another 5 years is much more valuable than Jones for 1 more year

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Terribad
Maybe with a team friendly extension and a significant add you could do it

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Sabres have Dahlin. They do not have someone to step up in Eichel's place. Therefore C for D does not make sense for them.

No matter how much I may wish it was different...
You mean Dahlin? Sandin is a leafs prospect and while good he will be no where Jones or if Dahlin rebounds level.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
To BUF
Jones
Merzlinkis
Texier
1st 2021
5th 2021

To CBJ
Eichel
Ristolainen

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
Jones was in the conversation as best D man in the league a few seasons ago. he is still a solid 1D but even with an extension his value isn't close to an elite 1C

Reactions: Byrddog

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

LMFAO Seth Jones is a pending UFA July 1st 2022 Noway does he get Jack Eichel alone. Buffalo wont be adding but Columbus will be big time. Zero chance i see Seth Jones signing long term with Buffalo.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Why ? Do you hate Jones that much and want to see him have no further progression in his career?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia

No it wouldn't. All Buffalo sees is the clock ticking down to midnight on July 1, 2022. That's when Jones gets the hell out of Dodge. Eichel, whatever his faults, was stupid enough to tie his wagon to Buffalo for all eternity. That makes him infinitely more valuable to the Sabres than most other assets that one might propose to swap for him.

Reactions: bernmeister

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Only trade if there would be an extension in place for Jones of course
I would love to hear your argument to Jones as to why he would want to sign a nice, fat, long contract to play for the Buffalo Sabres through the rest of his prime years and beyond. Go ahead and make your pitch.

He's getting multiple offers as a free agent for excellent term and dollars from contenders, so why choose Buffalo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad