Proposal: Seth Jones for Jack Eichel

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Dahlin is a bust IMHO, no other NHL player frustrates Kimmo Timonen as much as Dahlin.

Skating and hands are ther but his play is sooooo soft and blasé. Timonen keeps asking if "Dahlin actually has a heart that beats in his chest or does he actually want to play hockey at all"

If Jones would agree to extension before making the trade and adding Merzlekins maybe would make it work IMHO.
Dahlin is still a man-child... it took Hedman 6 seasons to produce as much as where Dahlin is at already, and he wasnt as dominant a defender until he was in his mid 20's.
very few defenders are great on both sides by the age of 20, and by very few, you can count them on a hand and not use most of your fingers

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Dahlin is at very least going to be one of the best offensive defensmen in the league in a year or two. You can see it in him now. Now that don't have a soccer executive coaching their hockey team anymore.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I guess Buffalo should feel lucky to trade the younger, signed, and better player. From a position they can't replace.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
There would have to be tons of add ons and picks to eaven things out either way depending on how you look at things, but I think you have a good basis for a trade in the summer?

Add Texier or Ristolainen or however, but I think this would be a win win trade for both organisations..

It has been pointed out that Jones's contract is ending soon. Eichel is signed long term. And Risto? Really?

The Sabres are reported to be asking for four 1st round assets. So I assume they'd want things like a 2021 1st, 2022 1st, and any two of Foudy/Tarasov/Texier and Marchenko. Just a guess.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
On what f***ing planet?

1C>>>>>>1D

If you still had Duboisyou had a chance.
Holy hyperbole...1st off 1C and 1D are pretty close to value, secondly Jones is a top 5 C hands down. Eichel isn't.. given their age I'd say a 1 for 1 swap would be very even if Jones was extended. Player for player in the next 5 years I def take Jones

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This is where I wish NHL type trades would work in real life.

CBJ sends:
CBJ 2021 1st
CBJ 2022 1st
TOR 2021 1st
TB 2021 1st

BUF sends:
Jack Eichel

If only it were that simple..

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
if i'm vancouver, in a heartbeat (with a contract though) ...Petterson is quite a nice player and is a #1C, but overhyped.
Except hes not and as any smart canuck fan would immediately hang up as soon as jones was offered.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Holy hyperbole...1st off 1C and 1D are pretty close to value, secondly Jones is a top 5 C hands down. Eichel isn't.. given their age I'd say a 1 for 1 swap would be very even if Jones was extended. Player for player in the next 5 years I def take Jones

Somehow I doubt Jones is a top 5 C:sarcasm:

But Eichel actually is or at the very least right around there give or take a spot or two.

I wouldn't want to trade Eichel for him at all. Don't see Jones being more valuable over the next 5 years either.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
This is where I wish NHL type trades would work in real life.

CBJ sends:
CBJ 2021 1st
CBJ 2022 1st
TOR 2021 1st
TB 2021 1st

BUF sends:
Jack Eichel

If only it were that simple..

Possible with 4 1sts over 2 years and young players available a deal is possible...

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Possible with 4 1sts over 2 years and young players available a deal is possible...
I'm just telling myself it's not so that my hopes don't get raised too much.

We all remember the leadup to the 2013 draft all too well. Instead of now trading those picks up for a higher pick, the hype will be around getting a top 1C.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Screenshot_20210411-183858.png

That's what Buffalo looks like without Eichel on their lineup. Reinhart, Cozens, Mittelstadt down the middle does not get you far. Cozens might develop into something nice, Reinhart might hit it off to become a Monahan tier centre, but this team is far far better with Eichel. If player value was equal, trading Eichel would still be far more devastating.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
If Jones extended, I’d take it and run if I were Buffalo. He can really eat minutes and it’s much harder to develop D. I also don’t think Eichel will ever win anything. Sabres badly need character and leadership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->