Proposal: Seth Jones for Jack Eichel

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Bad for Sabres

If both were locked up and at their best you go with Eichel who can be in the 8th-12th best player in the league while at his best Jones is the 4th'-6th best defenseman and a non top 15 player in the league.

Jones has been underwhelming for multiple years now and is not a top 10 defenseman. Eichel was consistently improving before this injury riddled horrible tank year.

Eichel@10 for another 5 years is much more valuable than Jones for 1 more year
I said the exact same thing when they proposed marner for Jones. On NO planet would that deal happen or this one

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
A year ago you’d be right but with Buffalo turning into an absolute tire fire his value has been tanked, how many goals does Ike have this year?

Seth Jones has tanked his value way more this year then Eichel has. Jones has been pretty close to a tire fire.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
There would have to be tons of add ons and picks to eaven things out either way depending on how you look at things, but I think you have a good basis for a trade in the summer?

Add Texier or Ristolainen or however, but I think this would be a win win trade for both organisations..

No. /Close thread.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To BUF
Jones
Merzlinkis
Texier
1st 2021
5th 2021

To CBJ
Eichel
Ristolainen

Not even close. Not only is it not remotely close, it's just non-sensible. Firstly, we have 4 right handed defensemen under contract. Secondly, Ullmark has similar numbers and we'll have cap space to re-sign him. Thirdly, Texier and a 1st are nice starters, but Jones makes no sense as a starting point.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
He’s also been out with an injury for 7 weeks. Surely you’re not that deluded to think that he wouldn’t have scored at all in those 7 weeks
Even when he was in the line up he was t playing well. I guess you and I have different standards. You may be happy about his 2 goals in 21 games but I don’t think that’s enough for a 10 million dollar player.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Even when he was in the line up he was t playing well. I guess you and I have different standards. You may be happy about his 2 goals in 21 games but I don’t think that’s enough for a 10 million dollar player.

Yea that guy with a shoulder injury, who had no power or quickness to his shot, should have scored more.

I know his total is disappointing. He was not shooting at all. On the PP he’d always look to pass instead of shooting. Probably because of said injury.

But you’re basically saying “no he would not have scored a single goal in the past 7 weeks if he played”.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
Yea that guy with a shoulder injury, who had no power or quickness to his shot, should have scored more.

I know his total is disappointing. He was not shooting at all. On the PP he’d always look to pass instead of shooting. Probably because of said injury.

But you’re basically saying “no he would not have scored a single goal in the past 7 weeks if he played”.
That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is you can’t expect him to have the same trade value he did before this season. His value has gone down a bit and if your gonna trade him you have to accept that.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is you can’t expect him to have the same trade value he did before this season. His value has gone down a bit and if your gonna trade him you have to accept that.

It’s not gone down to “Garnet Hathaway” levels though, like you seem to imply. GMs don’t operate on “the last 20 games are now what you are”

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
He had neck and shoulders injuries all season and he still tried to play for his team. That decreases absolutely no value for being a leader.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
What nonsense? Dahlin looks great, almost all of his stats have improved both offensively and defensively after head coach was fired, and yes, he's gotten more physical. Your information is outdated.

I trust a Stanley cup and olympic bronze medal winning defenders eye test more then any stats or any of our amateur opinions.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
But would you do Petterson for Jones?

No because we all ready have hughes.

Also, I'm not as big on Jones as most seem to be. There are a good handful of D in the league I'd take over Jones.

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
I have daydreamed a lot recently about how to get Eichel to Columbus and never did I consider involving Jones because I know it doesn’t work for Buffalo.

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014
I don't think Jones works (especially without an extension) as a return for Eichel. Personally, I think the Sabres need a 1C much more.

It'd certainly be something to see Eichel get traded to Columbus and get benched a few games later though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->