Seth Jones and his future (Sportsnet reports he intends to test free agency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Jones should be traded ASAP, Jarmo is very smart to move him by the draft, get that distraction out of the way and start the rebound, maximize the return as well.

PS: I thought Jones sucked, why is there so much buzz around his services?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jones should be traded ASAP, Jarmo is very smart to move him by the draft, get that distraction out of the way and start the rebound, maximize the return as well.

PS: I thought Jones sucked, why is there so much buzz around his services?

Probably because he can be a lot better than he was last year. It's also playoff time and players like him always get more interest this time of year.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Philly is a horrendous trading partner. We’d get fleeced in any deal.

Yeah I don’t see Philly as a fit either. Yeah they have Patrick, Frost, Konecny, and others but I don’t know if the quantity matches the quality of Jones. And I don’t want to send him to a division rival either

Reactions: DJA

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yeah I don’t see Philly as a fit either. Yeah they have Patrick, Frost, Konecny, and others but I don’t know if the quantity matches the quality of Jones. And I don’t want to send him to a division rival either
Patrick... nobody knows his health conditions..., I`m not sure Fluers would want to trade Konecny also I doubt doubt Flyers would be willing to trade Provorov. More exactly it`s unreal. So I don`t know what Philly could offer.
Bad is if Philly is a team where Jones resigned we would trade him there.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Philly is a horrendous trading partner. We’d get fleeced in any deal.

I doubt if Philly would do this but what about Konecny,Patrick,Farabee and 2 #1's (or maybe even 1 if its 2022 or 23 our choice). If it was the best offer I'd do it. The division thing is an issue. I doubt Jones would extend with Philly so its all just for discussion purposes.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
We have to be careful about this Jones deal. I caution those who think holding onto him until the deadline and then trading him to think about the Duchene deal. On its face at the time, they got two good prospects and a first. In the end the only thing that remains is the prospect they picked with the first.

If we’re going to be getting futures, you have to strike now so you can get futures you are certain will be good. Not just question marks or hopefuls

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
We have to be careful about this Jones deal. I caution those who think holding onto him until the deadline and then trading him to think about the Duchene deal. On its face at the time, they got two good prospects and a first. In the end the only thing that remains is the prospect they picked with the first.

If we’re going to be getting futures, you have to strike now so you can get futures you are certain will be good. Not just question marks or hopefuls

Agreed. I think hanging on to Jones to the trade deadline would be the absolute worst decision that the CBJ could make.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Agreed. I think hanging on to Jones to the trade deadline would be the absolute worst decision that the CBJ could make.

On the surface, I agree...I did outline a scenario where keeping him to the deadline made some sense...but it is a very outlandish scenario...

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH

Agreed. Too risky to wait. Why put yourself in the position of being an injury away from getting nothing?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

How do you do that?

Reactions: majormajor

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Total certainty is admittedly unlikely. But you can go after folks who stand a very strong chance of being future core players, for example.

hire me as pro scout

but really, don’t focus on the amount of prospects you’re getting. Focus on the quality. Id rather take a 1st and a dynamite prospect over a first and two or three good prospects.

I get these responses. My question is why can't you get the same at the deadline?Unless the dynamite prospect has cracked the lineup already I don't see a difference.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I get these responses. My question is why can't you get the same at the deadline?Unless the dynamite prospect has cracked the lineup already I don't see a difference.

Teams might be a little more apprehensive on giving up their top prospect/young player at the deadline. Look no further than MTL, who rumored to maybe have Suzuki on the table for a PLD deal, and then removed him from the deal and replaced him with Kotkaniemi instead once the season started and he got rolling.

You COULD still get it. And he’ll, the jackets could be selling low as Jones hasnt been elite the last two seasons and another year could rebound his value even more, but it could also sink more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad