Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, a late 1st, and a 6th for Boqvist, 2 1sts, and a 2nd, and Jones gets a massive extension

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
8 years 76mil. I cant get over it. Even at the best hes ever looked that seems high and hes comin off 2 rough years.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

This right here.

This is the cold hard truth.

Whatever you think of Seth Jones last few seasons, he has NEVER BEEN a legit elite dman in the NHL, and we just paid him like the reincarnation of Bobby ****ing Orr.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If Seth Jones is the 1D he can be then this is a good trade. Overpaid by 1-1.5 million in my opinion.

I was the biggest Boqvist supporter and i dont like seeing him go but Seth Jones is a bonafide #1 who had a bad season last year on a shit team.
He's had two bad years in a row and we are also a shit team.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
there is absolutely no margin for error in that contract...he has to play world class norris caliber hockey for some part of that contract to even get close to justifying it...

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Was rather dominant in Junior hockey as a 17-year-old but hasn't done much since. He has had a few concussions and needs to work on his acceleration. Great shot though and he is only 21 years old in August so has a lot of time to get his NHL game, if he can stay healthy.

thank you bobby!

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
If Seth Jones is the 1D he can be then this is a good trade. Overpaid by 1-1.5 million in my opinion.

I was the biggest Boqvist supporter and i dont like seeing him go but Seth Jones is a bonafide #1 who had a bad season last year on a shit team.
Was about to say something similar. Figuring out the 1D for the next 5-6 years feels like a blessing. Now some pressure can fall off of guys like Mitchell and Beaudin.

Reactions: Clownish

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

This right here.

This is the cold hard truth.

Whatever you think of Seth Jones last few seasons, he has NEVER BEEN a legit elite dman in the NHL, and we just paid him like the reincarnation of Bobby ****ing Orr.

yup, Seth has regressed the last few years big time and he was never an elite man, he was once on the path to be one however...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad