Prospect Info: Serron Noel (2018, #34 overall), Oshawa Generals (OHL)

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Where’s the ELC? I know there’s no rush, but I could have swore a few months ago someone reported it was close to being done...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Where’s the ELC? I know there’s no rush, but I could have swore a few months ago someone reported it was close to being done...

No deal would have been signed since he wasn't able to play in the AHL this year anyhow. He still isn't AHL eligible next year iirc as well so I'd see a deal done end of this year or next. He's turning 19 in August.

He will play a 4th and final year in the OHL, similar to Mascherin, dun dun dun, cue the worriers that say he won't sign.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Noel didn't end up getting the 3rd hat-trick of his career but had a solid game, curious how he does in the playoffs but 35g and 80pts is still achievable for him. 32g/74pts, +15 in 59 games.
9 games left in their schedule.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
There was a great article in The Athletic on Noel today and how much he's progressed.

I didn't know he only started playing hockey when he was 7. He originally wanted to play football like his dad in the CFL but his dad steered him to hockey because of all the injuries he's dealt with from football.

Sounds like the kid has a lot of upside as a late starter with a great work ethic. Works a lot with skills and skating coaches to improve his game.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
There was a great article in The Athletic on Noel today and how much he's progressed.

I didn't know he only started playing hockey when he was 7. He originally wanted to play football like his dad in the CFL but his dad steered him to hockey because of all the injuries he's dealt with from football.

Sounds like the kid has a lot of upside as a late starter with a great work ethic. Works a lot with skills and skating coaches to improve his game.
His work ethic was praised heavily even pre-draft; he was described as extremely raw but with very high potential. With his August birthday, he was also one of the youngest kids in the draft.
He's improved a lot every year; just be patient with him and hopefully we have a gem here.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
What's up with him since he has started in the pro's. I have seen his hockey DB like eveyrone else but any of you have been able to watch him play, any comments ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad