Prospect Info: Serron Noel (2018, #34 overall), Oshawa Generals (OHL)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Tallon really going with high risk/high reward picks. I like it

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don’t know anything about him but I hope we didn’t just pick him because he’s “big”.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Please tell me he actually uses that body to hit people too

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He had a 27% shooting percentage. I like the pick, he's a project but if he works out he's gonna be a wrecking ball. A 6'6" 220+ lb. goal scoring winger who can skate like the wind. That would be a huge ace up our sleeve.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He's worked diligently on his skating as that was a weakness for him, he's not overly physical but will rub guys out along the boards or lay an open ice hit if available.

Has amazing lower body strength and a powerful shot so look for him to drive to the net to score dirty/garbage goals, something we don't have alot of right now. He can also use his size to cycle down low and has a decent forechecking ability.

Defensively pretty sound with his reach and I've seen comparisons to JVR or Wheeler.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I guess he does add an element we need. Not overly thrilled but I can accept this. Pretty safe bet to be an NHL player too.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bjugstad comparable?

I don't like comparing them just because of their size. I think Noel is a better skater, not just speed but Edgework and agility too. I think he has more of a power winger mentality too, he'll drive the net and is good at protecting the puck while he takes it to the net. Whereas Bjugstad is more of a perimeter player. Bjugstad probably has a better shot.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Interesting as several mocks had us take him at 15.

Craig Button loves him at 14 - reminds him of Blake Wheeler, loves how much he improved over the last 2 years.

More reports:
"A long, fluid stride generates loads of power and speed for such a big man. He’s young for this crop and still quite raw, but the potential for a goal-scoring winger with his size and strength is tantalizing. Already a heavy load in the corners and the paint."
(dobberprospects)

" Raw but talented power forward that plays an in-your-face style and can beat you with brute force or a crafty touch around the net. Noel is an all-effort kind of player who is noticeable every shift, using his upper-body strength and leg drive to neutralize opponents along the boards. He has decent quickness for such a big body, but he takes direct routes to the net and once he gets moving he’s almost impossible to slow down. Both he and Allan McShane quickly developed chemistry to the point where they are Oshawa’s de facto top line. Noel needs to play more disciplined, but he is an interesting case because his measurements usually aren’t synonymous with deft puck handling and smart neutral-zone play. Of course, there are plenty of times where he takes full advantage of opponents via his 6’5 frame and massive wingspan, but what really impresses is his puck poise and soft touch while collecting loose pucks at center ice. Sure, Noel is the perfect net-front presence on the power play, but all the accolades he’s received this season likely stem from areas outside of the realm of your typical power winger." (The Draft Analyst)

Nice :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad