Prospect Info: Serron Noel (2018, #34 overall), Oshawa Generals (OHL)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
All the interviews I've read, coaches/scouts/teammates praise his work ethic and drive to get better. He was pretty disappointed not being a first round pick so that seemed to have lit a fire in his belly. His skating, +/- and offensive improvement, which you mentioned, are a clear indicator of this will to be a complete 200 ft player

His nose for the net is incredible, once he gets a step on you, it's hard to get the puck back off him, he protects the biscuit well.

I'd love if Ekblad and others would work more with figure skaters. The edgework, starts/stops and agility are clearly evident with Noel and others like Jeff Skinner and Dylan Larkin who are two of the quicker skaters in the NHL

Part of me still wishes he was a defenseman. He'd be a smooth skating RD with size, grit and two ability on offense and defense. A blend of Seth Jones and Dustin Byfuglien.

But I'll take a Blake Wheeler/Wayne Simmonds RW just as much too. Either way, he looks to be a top 9 RW at worst. I'm gonna say great 2nd liner if he keeps up the hard work, on and off the ice.
Man, don't even say that. When I imagine him as a D... that would be the guy we've been missing since forever.

Anyway, even if he becomes "just" a third liner, with the size and physicality he seems to be developing, that's a good piece to have. But his ceiling is higher than that. Really hoping he can hit it.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Serron Noel, Nando Eggenberger (FA) and Jack Studnicka (Bruins) are turning into one of the best lines in the OHL. Since putting them together the Gens are 5-0-0-0, and in those 5 games each guy has:
Eggenberger: 5G, 4A
Noel: 3G, 5A
Studnicka: 2G, 7A

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Noel is benefiting vastly on his ability to overpower ppl in the juniors and thus doesn't have to rely on developing puck handling skills. Probably a decent 3rd line man, like Bjugs is, but that's about it. And that's pretty good too considering the Cats can't draft&develop.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Noel is benefiting vastly on his ability to overpower ppl in the juniors and thus doesn't have to rely on developing puck handling skills. Probably a decent 3rd line man, like Bjugs is, but that's about it. And that's pretty good too considering the Cats can't draft&develop.
Let's hope he turns about better than Crouse, who also had the ability to overpower people and score and was mediocre in Juniors. I think this kid has a higher upside provided he continues to develop and gets just a bit nastier. :)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Some good news amongst the usual misery - Noel had a good game yesterday.

Four points (1+3) in a 6-2 win (they were down 2-0 after the first), first star of the game; was on ice for one goals against on the PK. 21 goals, 24 assisst, 45 points in 35 games (1.29 ppg) for the season.

Here be game highlights.

Still wish he would shoot more - just 2 SOG, overall averaging 2.63 SOG per game. Then again pretty much all his shots are from high danger areas plus he loves setting up teammates with nice chances. Still... be a bit more selfish, man! We have too many nice selfless guys already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad