Tidbits: Series talk: Wild vs. Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I like that despite the Wild having the best corsi in the playoffs. Yet losing he still believes in Corsi.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This might be the best comment I've read since the loss on Sunday. Way too many people talking about lack of heart, disinterest, captaincy issues, coaching issues, gm issues.... to me that's just a bunch of baloney. It really is a terrible match-up for us along with being up against a hot goalie. I hope tonight goes well for us. I don't want it to be the end of Wild hockey this year.

Yup. There's no effort issues or anything like that. Agree with the assessment as well.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I mostly agree, dubnyk hasn't been the problem but he hasn't been the solution either. How our forwards haven't figured out Yeos system after playing it for 4 years beats me. But why can the Blues rely on Allen to steal games but we can't do the same with Dubnyk? He doesn't step up in the playoffs when we need him to the most. The season's on the line tomorrow and my intuition tells me we'll need at least 4 goals to win.

Dubnyk's done his job every night. As I said earlier a 2.0 GAA is phenomenal. The problem is we aint putting no biscuits in no baskets.

Hows Duby supposed to be the solution to that?

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
That Dubnyk hasn't stepped up and stolen a game is on him the exact same amount it's on anyone else who hasn't stepped up and scored a game winning goal.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Stolen a game when the team is only scoring 1 goal/gm?

Allen has stolen games, but his team is scoring double our team at the same time.

Only way Dubnyk could steal a game is by getting a shutout. To rag on him for not doing that is simply insane!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, I completely disagree. Dubnyk is around his avg. (even better than his typical playoff stats, right?). Team averaged around 3 goals a game right? They're not even close to getting their avg. stats. Way more underachieving and deserving of blame.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
It would have taken Coyle 4 goals last game or anyone else 3 goals after his, to get a game winner. My point was it's as fair to blame any of them for not doing everything needed to get to where they're scoring the game winning goal, as it is to blame Dubnyk for not stealing a game.

If that is still ragging on Dubnyk, then one of us isn't words gooding right.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Miss the first game in this series and of course tonight we win.

I should probably miss the remaining 4 games as well. ;)

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
It's tough to get hope up because they have to win three in a row- something that has been tough for the Wild for some time now.

But, they did go on a massive win streak earlier this year and if they can just remember that they can do that- OT winners and 3rd period comebacks and all, they have to know in their hearts that they have to do it.

Because then the clock starts over in round two.

I hate this because it gives me anxiety...that's what I call false hope.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm not against the hit - Parise wasn't injured. To me, this is what playoff hockey's about. It's nice to see some emotion and intensity.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not against the hit - Parise wasn't injured. To me, this is what playoff hockey's about. It's nice to see some emotion and intensity.

I don't understand what that has to do with it, if Parise had gotten a concussion would you be against it?

I was not a fan of it. It was clearly out of frustration, the only goal there was just to hit him as hard as he could. To me, that's less "emotion and intensity" and more just being a jerk.

Would not be a fan of it if someone like Stewart on our team did that to the opposition.

Take your shots during the game, hard hits and what-not, fine. But when it becomes clear that it's not a hockey play in the least, I don't like it.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Those hits rub me the wrong way. It reminds me of that blatant charge by Kesler on Granlund a couple of years ago. In both cases clock is winding down and it's obvious the hit has nothing to do with disrupting the puck carrier or any other hockey play. It's just "sending the message", meaning "if we can't beat you on the scoreboard, at least we can still **** you up physically and put some fear in you". Caveman mentality.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Yeah I'm all for hitting and intensity, but that was with what, 5 second left in the game or some ****? Give me a break. You're not doing anything but taking out your frustrations on the other team. If he'd have fought Parise, he would get a game misconduct and maybe suspended for a game, but since it wasn't fighting, the NHL is okay with him getting away with charging BECAUSE PLAYOFFS? **** that.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
That kind of play from a good player and a veteran tells me that he is nervous about how his team will react to a loss. Seems like a pretty insecure play to motivate a team that shouldn't need to be motivated still up 3-1.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Boudreau is still Boudreau. :sarcasm:

Actually, you can watch the rest of the games in peace. I already found the pattern. A silly prediction from me and NOT wearing any Wild gear while watching the game. That's the winning formula.

So you're good, just enjoy the ride :nod:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't understand what that has to do with it, if Parise had gotten a concussion would you be against it?

I was not a fan of it. It was clearly out of frustration, the only goal there was just to hit him as hard as he could. To me, that's less "emotion and intensity" and more just being a jerk.

Would not be a fan of it if someone like Stewart on our team did that to the opposition.

Take your shots during the game, hard hits and what-not, fine. But when it becomes clear that it's not a hockey play in the least, I don't like it.

To me that was the epitome of "emotion and intensity". Yeah his goal was to hit him hard but it was a clean hit in my eyes. I mean, yeah it's annoying he did it with seconds left in the game when it didn't matter anymore, but that's playoff hockey.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, I'm all for STL taking runs at us. CO and WPG are famous for doing that. See where it gets them.

I worry about teams that can score in the blink of an eye like CHI, WASH, PITT.

We've got some big boys like Hanzal, Stewart, White, Coyle, Nino, Koivu, Scandella, Suter. They can take care of themselves. Granlund, Spurgeon, and Zucker have also figured out how to take care of themselves.

Let STL worry about being the tough guys. We'll worry about being the "score guys". Sometimes that means you have to take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad